Arena Commander vs. ICC profiles.

Majestic
Go to solution Solved by Majestic,

Still doesn't really work. I start an application, the profile changes and it doesn't put it back. I've tried running it as admin, capturing the gamma values with the program.. It just stays at the stock ICC profile and I have to play on a green-heavy screen.

Getting really annoyed at this point, why do applications even do this :/

EDIT; apparently I can just do it by hardware on a custom color profile on the monitor itself. So I matched it to the profile and now it's controlled by the monitor and not software. Finally fixed!.

Basically the post I made here;

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/225175/arena-commander-icc-profiles

Whenever I launch Arena Commander it resets my custom ICC profile back to default. Meaning I have to reselect the custom ICC profile afterwards everytime.

There a way I can prevent Arena COmmander from accessing or changing these ICC profiles? Because it's getting really annoying. It also means I have to play on an uncalibrated screen (which has green emphasis).

Btw, it does not only change it, it prevents me from changing it whilst the executeable is active.

Regards, 

maj.

I had a similar problem with games (anything DX11 I think it was) a while back (I have a Spyder 4 Pro now so that software holds them for me) what I used was CPK (Color Profile Keeper) there were a couple of other programs out there but this was the only one I tried that actually worked.

One of the reasons I went with a hardware calibrating monitor but since DX11 changes gamma according to the game settings your icc profile probably doesn't match anymore.

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

Sooo... 970 is back for RMA (displayport died). So i'm back on the HD4600. Dropped tomb raider back to 720p and it still runs ok.

But what do i see to my suprise... the HD4600 keeps the ICC profiles like a champ

What the hell is this :/

EDIT: nope, still changes with cryengine games. So, i tried that iccprofile keeper but it doesn't really work.

only option left is a spyder pro? But how does that change anything. It only makes a better ICC profile that gets overruled like any other profile.

What do :(

@Grrizz

Sooo... 970 is back for RMA (displayport died). So i'm back on the HD4600. Dropped tomb raider back to 720p and it still runs ok.

But what do i see to my suprise... the HD4600 keeps the ICC profiles like a champ

What the hell is this :/

EDIT: nope, still changes with cryengine games. So, i tried that iccprofile keeper but it doesn't really work.

only option left is a spyder pro? But how does that change anything. It only makes a better ICC profile that gets overruled like any other profile.

What do :(

@Grrizz

Are you sure you set it up properly? CPK is the only free software I found that worked (and many others on the internet also use it), getting a Spyder isn't the cheapest option and if you aren't using it for the colour calibration functionality does essentially the same thing as CPK (checks the profile intermittently and corrects it if it has changed e.g. when a DX11 game loads) so might not work if CPK doesn't.

Check the settings file in here: C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Color Profile Keeper and make sure all the options are set properly e.g.

[General]

windows_startup=1

startup_apply=1

tray_minimize=1

monitor0=.../.../....cpk

monitor1=.../.../....cpk

monitor2=.../.../....cpk

minimized=1

Lock=1

and make sure its running in your taskbar.

Are you sure you set it up properly? CPK is the only free software I found that worked (and many others on the internet also use it), getting a Spyder isn't the cheapest option and if you aren't using it for the colour calibration functionality does essentially the same thing as CPK (checks the profile intermittently and corrects it if it has changed e.g. when a DX11 game loads) so might not work if CPK doesn't.

Well yeah, it does this. But the programm keeps changing it. So it's going back and forth sometimes.

Well yeah, it does this. But the programm keeps changing it. So it's going back and forth sometimes.

It can only react to a change, same with any profile keeper but that change should only happen when you load into a DX game or alt tab etc. there's no way of blocking DX from resetting the profile.

It can only react to a change, same with any profile keeper but that change should only happen when you load into a DX game or alt tab etc. there's no way of blocking DX from resetting the profile.

That's pretty damn stupid, really. But I guess that i'll just have to live with it. Thanks for the advice!

That's pretty damn stupid, really. But I guess that i'll just have to live with it. Thanks for the advice!

Yea, kinda annoyed me too but as long as the profile clicks in after loading that's fine for me, there was some reasoning behind it (cant remember what now) but it wasn't very good IIRC.

• 3 weeks later...

Still doesn't really work. I start an application, the profile changes and it doesn't put it back. I've tried running it as admin, capturing the gamma values with the program.. It just stays at the stock ICC profile and I have to play on a green-heavy screen.

Getting really annoyed at this point, why do applications even do this :/

EDIT; apparently I can just do it by hardware on a custom color profile on the monitor itself. So I matched it to the profile and now it's controlled by the monitor and not software. Finally fixed!.