Dell UltraSharp 34 Curved Monitor – U3415W

Exactly, it doesn't say "IPS". Get the joke?

Well it does say IPS as IPS is just an acronym for in-plane switching. I really don't get any kind of joke going on here...

If only we could get 21:10 for productivity :(

Am i missing something here or you people dont understand how ratios work?

or the  " :10 " means you want a specific HEIGT, like 1200, 1600 or 2400?

or are you being so god damn funny that only you understand the amazing, intricate joke of multi level sarcasm?

I really hope that Linus reviews this monitor!

My next monitor will be a 21:9 but i would love if it had Gsync i think som of the videos on youtube really shows alot of tearing on the 21:9 monitors i have seen 

wait till the end of the year, we are supposed to have 120hz 21:9s with freesync and gsync out by then

Am i missing something here or you people dont understand how ratios work?

or the  " :10 " means you want a specific HEIGT, like 1200, 1600 or 2400?

or are you being so god damn funny that only you understand the amazing, intricate joke of multi level sarcasm?

eyeroll* I honestly love 16:10 because the vertical pixels let more code be on the screen simultaneously (less scrolling, more productive). Having 21:10 lets me have multiple code panes open simultaneously for fast reference without needing multiple monitors. I know how the ratios work just fine. Give me a 30-34" curved ultra wide 21:10 monitor and I'd be in coding heaven.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

eyeroll* I honestly love 16:10 because the vertical pixels let more code be on the screen simultaneously (less scrolling, more productive). Having 21:10 lets me have multiple code panes open simultaneously for fast reference without needing multiple monitors. I know how the ratios work just fine. Give me a 30-34" curved ultra wide 21:10 monitor and I'd be in coding heaven.

OK, you are trolling me. Noone is this delusional.

OK, you are trolling me. Noone is this delusional.

It's not delusion. When you're trying to debug an intricate system which spans multiple classes/files, being able to spread out the code base is extremely useful. Multi-monitor is an okay solution, but it's inelegant. About the extra vertical pixels, that's 5-10 extra lines of code I can fit in one pane at the same font size. I don't see how you think I'm trolling. I'm 100% serious.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd