Start up problem

Fiddler

I'm planing a new pc build in the new year, but until then I'm running the most unsatisfactory machine I have ever owned; an MSI all-in-one touch screen. The start up is very very slow, this screen appears for several minutes before windows starts. Shutdown is also very slow. Can anyone advise what the problem is and how it can be solved. 

Thanks in advance  :)

20141219_093421_zpsb2d273f2.jpg

I'm planing a new pc build in the new year, but until then I'm running the most unsatisfactory machine I have ever owned; an MSI all-in-one touch screen. The start up is very very slow, this screen appears for several minutes before windows starts. Shutdown is also very slow. Can anyone advise what the problem is and how it can be solved. 

Thanks in advance  :)

did you try this?

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=47613.0

literally the first result on google :D

an SSD will also increase boot speed, but you should be able to fix that "client mac address" search thing too

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

did you try this?

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=47613.0

literally the first result on google :D

an SSD will also increase boot speed, but you should be able to fix that "client mac address" search thing too

Thank you SC, much appreciated. I'll give that a go. Just a word of explanation; I've used computers for years but never had any technical knowledge of how they run, I'm learning loads off this forum and Linus's videos.

By the way SC, I drove through Harrogate yesterday, the traffic was frigin' awfull!

Thank you SC, much appreciated. I'll give that a go. Just a word of explanation; I've used computers for years but never had any technical knowledge of how they run, I'm learning loads off this forum and Linus's videos.

By the way SC, I drove through Harrogate yesterday, the traffic was frigin' awfull!

yeah im like that, I can build and have technical knowledge, but software is my problem, I AM SHIT at software haha

oh yeah? well there are like 3 main roads through town.. and yet like 80000 people trying to get through, plus all the traffic from leeds and york passes through the centre of town

I cut through back roads most of the time, like through all the back estates 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Well, that was scary! Rebooted and pressed the Delete key as instructed on the screen (these blue screens make me nervous) and navigated to the "boot sequence". Had a little panic over what I was looking at then spotted that F9 was "optimise settings". The machine started quicker than it's ever done!

This playing with computers is easy peasy (feeling like a hero atm)

As for an SSD; not in this machine but planing one for the new build early next year. 

Thanks again for the help!