Windows 8.1 apps crash on start

My windows 8.1 apps ran fine and then just 4 days ago they just crash on boot up, I am trying to go to the pc settings to change my lock screen background and i open it up and see the settings gear and it crashes. Any app that is metro it will crash, and desktop app is 100% fine

Scan for viruses, if none, reinstall windows.

I did, no viruses, There is probably a beater answer then just reinstalling windows.

I've had this issue aswell, i've asked on several forums what to do. Nothing really helped. The only thing that helped for me is reinstalling

It can be a certain windows update (which i can't recall at this point, im sorry)

Faulty video card drivers

or the User Account Control isn't enabled.
Try to retrace your steps what you updated just before this started happening, and undo those changes. Good luck.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

It can be a certain windows update (which i can't recall at this point, im sorry)

Faulty video card drivers

or the User Account Control isn't enabled.

Try to retrace your steps what you updated just before this started happening, and undo those changes. Good luck.

I don't update much, I last updated in October and it was running fine before and after the update, this just came up like 1 week ago.