purch buys anandtech, the same guys that own tom's hardware

AlexGoesHigh

Yet another news (in this case tech news) site bought out by one company is as bad as one person buying every newspaper site in the USA if not World. The way it stood you could read two different reviews on one product and since they were independent reviews you'd see different angles/tests and well reviews by the reviewer, now with one company doing both AnandTech and Tom's Hardware they won't dare do the same review of if they do they will run the same exact tests not different tests and if they don't match up neither will publish it because they won't beat each other up on who did it right.

So the big two sold out and that leaves us with less options for a good independent review because once they sell out they will start to give favorable reviews to the advertising company, no way will they give a bad review of a product an advertiser is pushing. No matter how many times they refute that, unless I'm (independent party) in on the publishing meeting of what gets printed (posted) there is no way I'm believing their reviews. So end result as from my point of view, less clicks to their site by me and referred links by me, less revenue for them based on click ad-sense.

Do expect mass mailing from their advertisers to fill your inbox if you have any account with them, time to change the e-mail associated with their sites to a dead e-mail account for me. So long AnandTech... it was fun knowing you.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.