Morningrise. A white H440 build.

soulprovider

After a month of planning, 6 years after my first build, and two years of begging my wife for a new build I present you Morningrise!

j62WDmHl.jpg?1

Parts:

NZXT H440

Intel i7 4790k

Asus Sabertooth Mark 1

Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb 1866

Nvidia GTX 970 x2

NZXT Kraken x61

EVGA 850 Supernova G2

Samsung 840 EVO 120gb

WD 750gb

NZXT Braided LED White

EVGA SLI Bridge

Corsair AF140 x3

Here are the parts minus a few things that took, what seemed like a year, to arive.

e4Pjdfnl.jpg

I used the 140 mm Kraken fans in the front of the case and blocked off the PSU cubby/cable rats nest with one of the hdd mounts. PSU install was nice and smooth.

MFhG4onl.jpg

Im against doing things the easy way so I just put the CPU and the mount for the cooler on the MB and slapped it in.

p8iqrGXl.jpg

Again because I like to make things hard on my self I installed the Kraken before the RAM. I also knocked off a chunk of thermal paste when the plastic cover fell off and had to get more. Luckly, sometimes Radio Shack has what you need, they had some Arctic Silver. It was a lot better than a 45 minute drive to Microcenter.

MvLwZVWl.jpg

The controller for the LED strip wouldn't fit in with my sli GPUs and I was going to block this of anyway to stop hot air from bleeding back into the case. Electrical tape isn't really optimal, I figure somethign out later.

6Hie5U3l.jpg

Some cable managment. Nothing special here. This picture was taken before I finished my 24pin sleeving.

GenJvKLl.jpg

With the lights on.

GenJvKLl.jpg

Full finished shot!

LEhe8BTl.jpg

Final completely random thoughts:

After more revisions than I can remember it's done. It started black and red in a white case, then I found the reference cooler 970s and went a totally different direction. All in all it went really smooth beside the fan I have to RMA becuase it sounds like a 15 year old hdd. The case was really nice to build in and had solid cable managment options. Not to mention its the best looking case on the market. The lightkit for the Corsair Platinums is a huge pita to install, could they have made those scews any smaller? Modding the LEDs on the GPUs was easy and made a huge difference in the looks of the case. I also wanted to point out that I crimped all my connectors on my sleeve job with needle noses, mainly just to show just how manly I am. I also used the heat shrinkless method, again proving my manlyness.

I look forward to your comments!

Case: NZXT H440 CPU: i7 4790k CPU Cooler: Kraken x61 Motherboard: Sabertooth Mark 1 RAM: Dominator Platinum 16gb Storage: 120gb EVO 840/WD 750gb GPU: 2x Nvidia GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 850 G2

PCPartPicker Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/m9yfrH

Holy balls that's clean

I love well done H440 builds <3

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

nice build! for christmas doing a build in a s340, the little brother of that case with crossfire 7950s. hope it looks as clean as your build!

Looks very clean, did you make the gtx logos white or is it still green, I cant tell from the picture, if you havent turned it white yet, you should do it to get it matching with the rest of the build.

| --- My Stuff --- |

Computer: Apple Late-2008 Macbook Pro ; -Haguro- build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/296613-wip-project-haguro-x99-hackintosh-workstation/|

Mobile Devices: Apple 32GB 1st gen Ipad Mini ; Apple 16GB Iphone 5s ; Apple Ipod Classic 80Gb 5th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 120Gb 6th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 160Gb 7th Gen ; Apple Ipod Nano 16Gb 6th Gen 

Speechless! This is gorgeous :wub:

Gotta say you've got balls of fire to not mod just 1 970 but 2! But the result is worth it.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

nice build! for christmas doing a build in a s340, the little brother of that case with crossfire 7950s. hope it looks as clean as your build!

I was originally going to go with the 340, but ended up with the 440 because I felt like it had more options.

Looks very clean, did you make the gtx logos white or is it still green, I cant tell from the picture, if you havent turned it white yet, you should do it to get it matching with the rest of the build.

I did turn them white.

Speechless! This is gorgeous :wub:

Gotta say you've got balls of fire to not mod just 1 970 but 2! But the result is worth it.

Or I'm just crazy, I did it with a Dremel too. Ain't nobody got time for sanding..

Case: NZXT H440 CPU: i7 4790k CPU Cooler: Kraken x61 Motherboard: Sabertooth Mark 1 RAM: Dominator Platinum 16gb Storage: 120gb EVO 840/WD 750gb GPU: 2x Nvidia GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 850 G2

PCPartPicker Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/m9yfrH

I did turn them white.

Then all I can do is congratulate you, it looks wonderfully clean, I love it, no fancy gimmicks and crazy overboard stuff :) The way it should be (in my opinion)

| --- My Stuff --- |

Computer: Apple Late-2008 Macbook Pro ; -Haguro- build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/296613-wip-project-haguro-x99-hackintosh-workstation/|

Mobile Devices: Apple 32GB 1st gen Ipad Mini ; Apple 16GB Iphone 5s ; Apple Ipod Classic 80Gb 5th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 120Gb 6th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 160Gb 7th Gen ; Apple Ipod Nano 16Gb 6th Gen 

Then all I can do is congratulate you, it looks wonderfully clean, I love it, no fancy gimmicks and crazy overboard stuff :) The way it should be (in my opinion)

Care to explain how his build has no fancy gimmicks? :rolleyes:

The thing ooooooozes of fancy stuff! Check those Dremel'ed(not even a word but just had to use it cuz op is crazy :D ) 970's!

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

Care to explain how his build has no fancy gimmicks? :rolleyes:

The thing ooooooozes of fancy stuff! Check those Dremel'ed(not even a word but just had to use it cuz op is crazy :D ) 970's!

good theme of color ( I like black and white the best, don't really like builds with either yellow, red or green, I'm not sure why)

my definition of gimmicks might be different from yours, for me, they are: fancy custom pcb gpus with tons of LED ( I don't see the beauty in them but I guess some people do), cases that looks more like a disco ball than a computer 

In general, I can imagining myself sitting beside this pc without glancing at it every 30 seconds because of something inside the case distracting me, thats good enough to convince me.

| --- My Stuff --- |