Samsung vs. ASUS vs. BenQ vs. Dell

@Glenwing, so in terms of a monitor's speed, is the only valuable information the refresh rate?

Other than that, I think I'm pretty set on getting the U2414H.

Yup.  And even that gets distorted once you get into TV land (trust me no spec is left un-puffed-up once the TV makers are through with them) but yeah, for monitors in most cases 60Hz means 60fps max and 120Hz means 120fps, and there truly is an actual difference between them in smoothness.  It's nice, but personally I wouldn't trade the overall much better image quality you get from a 60Hz IPS panel just for the smoother motion on a 120Hz TN one.  I think the U2414H is a great choice.

• 3 weeks later...

Does it change as you look at it from different angles?

This is IPS glow:

Yeah...this is pretty horrible. My old TN had some backlight bleed around the edges, but this IPS glow is reaching towards the center of the screen.

Do VA or PLS panels suffer from this type of thing?

Yeah...this is pretty horrible. My old TN had some backlight bleed around the edges, but this IPS glow is reaching towards the center of the screen.

Do VA or PLS panels suffer from this type of thing?

PLS and AHVA have the same thing as they are IPS-type variants. VA panels don't but they do have some off-axis color shift.

If the glow is that bad you can try getting it replaced, Dell is supposedly good with replacing monitors. You should be able to get a new monitor shipped to you, keep using your current monitor until it arrives, then swap it out with the new one and send it back in the same box with an included pre-paid shipping label. So I've heard anyway.

Dell. All the way. They have the best warranty and reputation. 

And those bezels are sexy. Also, Dell knows how to make a monitor for professionals, with color at the top of their list. 

Dell is also known for keeping the back light pane in the right place, so bleed is limited. 

Spend the extra. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

And those bezels are sexy. Also, Dell knows how to make a monitor for professionals, with color at the top of their list.

Decision's already been made. Might want to read the rest of the thread ;)

Decision's already been made. Might want to read the rest of the thread ;)

I was scrolling. While posting. Then steam chat popped up and I got distracted. Then posted. 

Stupid friends wanting to play Civ V. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I was actually not pleased with the pre-calibrated sRGB preset on this monitor. The greys had a green tint to them, and this was only corrected by raising or lowering the contrast up or down a few increments.

Don't get me wrong, the brightness levels, color range, & contrast are good, but I guess I had higher expectations; non-neutral greys is something that I didn't think that they'd miss.

But what do y'all think? Is the glow on my monitor pretty typical? If it is, then I might just return this monitor altogether and wait for that 144Hz IPS. LOL.