The last stop.

Mathue24

Alright guys, i asked this around a lot of forums and this one is my last stop. After this i have to decide.

So, afer a lot of elimination process, it came to choosing one of these two monitors:

23" Asus VX239H 

or

24" BenQ RL2455HM

Halp.

PS: Im planning on overclocking the monitor to 75Hz

screw TN, asus wins.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

screw TN, asus wins.

What about the response time? And the imput lag?

What about the response time? And the imput lag?

response time, well if its under 10 its fine, half that and its even better, 5ms vs 1ms, you will not notice the difference even if you tried. If you do then you are experiencing the infamous placebo effect

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

response time, well if its under 10 its fine, half that and its even better, 5ms vs 1ms, you will not notice the difference even if you tried. If you do then you are experiencing the infamous placebo effect

And what about the imput lag?

How bad do you reckon 14ms is? My monitor, which my Dad handed down, has 14ms. I notice a black trail from text when scrolling haha.

And what about the imput lag?

both are next to none. Id call it a draw in that field.

Listen if you care.

How bad do you reckon 14ms is? My monitor, which my Dad handed down, has 14ms. I notice a black trail from text when scrolling haha.

i gamed on a 50inch pioneer for a while, 27ms. Honestly the only problem i faced is that i had to move my had because the screen was too big. There are other variables as well which can hurt the viewing experience. I think you are having burn in or ghosting issues, previous images get stuck on the pixels for a small amount of time.

Listen if you care.

i gamed on a 50inch pioneer for a while, 27ms. Honestly the only problem i faced is that i had to move my had because the screen was too big. There are other variables as well which can hurt the viewing experience. I think you are having burn in or ghosting issues, previous images get stuck on the pixels for a small amount of time.

Interesting, well it's only a little niggle to me gaming I'm fine with haha. Thanks for the reply :)

What about the size? isnt 23" too small?

as long at its 21.6 inch or over you are fine. You will adapt, i use a 27inch and a 21.6inch. Larger size is nice but one inch difference isnt anything to get crazy about.

Listen if you care.

as long at its 21.6 inch or over you are fine. You will adapt, i use a 27inch and a 21.6inch. Larger size is nice but one inch difference isnt anything to get crazy about.

One last thing, Im planning on overclocking it to 75Hz, can i ovecrlock it with a HDMI cable?

One last thing, Im planning on overclocking it to 75Hz, can i ovecrlock it with a HDMI cable?

ive not overclocked a monitor before nor do i recommend it.

Listen if you care.

ive not overclocked a monitor before nor do i recommend it.

On the website it says: Digital Signal Frequency : 30~80 KHz(H)/ 56~76 Hz(V)

Does that mean that the refresh rate is 30-80Hz?

On the website it says: Digital Signal Frequency : 30~80 KHz(H)/ 56~76 Hz(V)

Does that mean that the refresh rate is 30-80Hz?

hmm well, i dunno. Its hertz is locked at 60. i think the khz thing is referring to the signals it can interpret. If a monitor could output in khz that would be crazy but there isnt any content which could match that

Listen if you care.

hmm well, i dunno. Its hertz is locked at 60. i think the khz thing is referring to the signals it can interpret. If a monitor could output in khz that would be crazy but there isnt any content which could match that

Hmm, i also had the thought about this one http://www.benq.us/product/monitor/EW2440L

Do you think its better than the Asus? Its 24"

Hmm, i also had the thought about this one http://www.benq.us/product/monitor/EW2440L

Do you think its better than the Asus? Its 24"

hmm yeah thats more like it, VA panels are great, no input lag and low responce time. Out of the asus and this new benq id just get whichever one is cheaper, they are both pretty nice monitors.

Listen if you care.

hmm yeah thats more like it, VA panels are great, no input lag and low responce time. Out of the asus and this new benq id just get whichever one is cheaper, they are both pretty nice monitors.

When it comes to image quality, is VA better than IPS?

When it comes to image quality, is VA better than IPS?

ips has stronger blacks and whites. VA tends to stand out more and you can pretty much view it from any angle without loss in quality.

Listen if you care.

ips has stronger blacks and whites. VA tends to stand out more and you can pretty much view it from any angle without loss in quality.

woah, i thought that IPS is the one that doesnt lose quality when viewing from an angle has nice colors but bad blacks

woah, i thought that IPS is the one that doesnt lose quality when viewing from an angle has nice colors but bad blacks

hmm let m edo some further research just to make sure im not confusing myself. Either way by the cheaper monitor, both are great, VA has its pros and cons but so does IPS. Also consider the stand, the second benq one looks a lot more robust 

Listen if you care.