Case Quality

spwath

Answer the poll with out looking stuff up. The secound question numbers coradpond with question 1 answers, I just didn't want to write them all again on mobile

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I have no experience with a lot of manufacturers, but I have really good ones with both Corsair cases and Phanteks.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

If you vote other say what it is

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Lian Li and Caselabs... I've heard and seen lots of good things from them...

Case Labs then silverstone fractal design then corsair.

Corsair (I love their build quality) and Silverstone is a close second.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Well this poll result is... Interesting

@Faa

Look at the result of this poll :(

Case Labs (pricey)

Silverstone (good value and nicely done paint finish)

Lian Li (just good)

Corsair waaay down of the list (i found the 350D quite shite)

Corsair fanboys, are you seriously putting corsair above caselabs and lianli? Shame

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Corsair fanboys, are you seriously putting corsair above caselabs and lianli? Shame

Ikr this is disappointing.

I'm a Silverstone fanboy, but I voted Caselabs and lian li, tho Silverstone would be third, I didn't want to add another on mobile, to much work.

I'm a Silverstone fanboy, but I voted Caselabs and lian li, tho Silverstone would be third, I didn't want to add another on mobile, to much work.

It wouldn't be such a big deal if corsair had good build quality, but they really don't anymore.

#mobilemasterrace

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Silverstone are the best build but there cases can be awkward when you want to adjust something.

I´m very happy with my NZXT Phantom 530 case.

pro´s:

• Lots of room
  • Nice side window
  • Space in the top for 280MM rad push pull. or 360MM rad
  • Allot of flexible option with drive bays.
  • options for more radiators.
  • Fan hub
  • IO led.
  • Decent cable routing options.

Con´s:

• Side panel with window a bit flimsy
  • Only 2x USB 3.0 port
  • Glossy paint, sensitive for finger prints lol.
  • Only 2 fans included

Silverstone are the best build but there cases can be awkward when you want to adjust something.

Yeah my ft05 is a bit tight of a build, CPU cooler touches front panel of case

Yeah my ft05 is a bit tight of a build, CPU cooler touches front panel of case

I have a SG09 and it took me an hour to arrange the cables so they didn't rub against the GPU fans, duct tape is your friend.

Well see there's the problem, I've never had a Lian-Li or Caselabs case and I suspect most people here haven't. So I can't judge them!

Of the ones I have personally built in/used, I would have to say Phanteks first and Corsair second, but I just don't have a complete representation.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

@Pinstruck love that ft03, would have gotton one if I had matx

Woop wrong thread...

@Pinstruck love that ft03, would have gotton one if I had matx

Woop wrong thread...

Cheers spawth,  It's a nice case - the R9 290x was possibly too warm for it   :unsure:  but the G10/AIO combo sorted it.

I've never had the pleasure of seeing a Caselabs, Phanteks or bequiet so I can't comment on them.  Built in the rest (and others) and I've owned two Lian Li and three Silverstone and all have been beautifully built so from personal experience my vote went there.

I know it's super predictable, but I think Fractal Design make excellent quality cases for the price. I have personally built in several of their cases and they have impressed accross the board (at their low-ish price).

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

First place is caselabs hands down (though they are crazy expensive)

Second is close between lian li and silverstone, but I think lian li slightly edges a win.

I'd rank Corsair and Phanteks about the same. They're good, but they aren't THAT good. Still, good enough for most.

Silverstone and Lian Li have good build quality and an affordable price.

Caselabs, good build quality, sans the fact you build the thing yourself. Be prepared to pay through the nose for one though

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

I'd rank Corsair and Phanteks about the same. They're good, but they aren't THAT good. Still, good enough for most.

Silverstone and Lian Li have good build quality and an affordable price.

Caselabs, good build quality, sans the fact you build the thing yourself. Be prepared to pay through the nose for one though

Yup that's why I have an ft05, pretty good price, and great quality

Yup that's why I have an ft05, pretty good price, and great quality

I'm considering buying one into the new year, alongside possibly swapping my graphics cards

Or, going balls to the walls and buying an S-Frame, which if that happens, definitely new graphics cards, before I hear everyone whine about how I bought a $750 case and only have GTX 770 SLI

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

I'm considering buying one into the new year, alongside possibly swapping my graphics cards

Or, going balls to the walls and buying an S-Frame, which if that happens, definitely new graphics cards, before I hear everyone whine about how I bought a $750 case and only have GTX 770 SLI

Oh yaeh, forgot to put in win on the poll

Edit: hey I have 200$ case and 1gb hd7850