Need Help with Cooling in my Bitfenix Prodigy

DylanD

@Faceman

The Fractal Design Node 804 is on sale for only 69.99 on Newegg from like 100.  It fits the EVO CPU cooler and all I would need is a microATX board which is like a dollar more than the one I have selected.  I have only heard good things about this case, and its so small. It also supports up to four radiators simultaneously for upgrading later, and has a side window. Do you think it would be a better choice than the one I had picked?

@Faceman

The Fractal Design Node 804 is on sale for only 69.99 on Newegg from like 100.  It fits the EVO CPU cooler and all I would need is a microATX board which is like a dollar more than the one I have selected.  I have only heard good things about this case, and its so small. It also supports up to four radiators simultaneously for upgrading later, and has a side window. Do you think it would be a better choice than the one I had picked?

It looks great, but I'm not convinced it can fit two radiators comfortably. It sounds like you would have to be without some HDD cages or move them around. Also your memory can only be 48mm tall at most. Another thing to decipher is if it will only work with custom loops, not dual AIOs. It's much easier to route custom loops because you get to choose how it flows, but with AIO you can't take it apart. All you really need room for is a 240mm and 120/140mm AIO. 240 for the CPU, 120/140 for the GPU. Check out some reviews before making a decision, but so far it looks good.

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/6496/fractal-design-node-804-micro-atx-chassis-review/index.html

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cases/2014/09/17/fractal-design-node-804-review/2

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

@Faceman

I read in a couple reviews that it can take up to four rads of different sizes simultaneously. It is hard to believe though. Found this that looks kinda promising(about five posts down). http://adrenaline.uol.com.br/forum/gabinetes-e-case-mod/375773-clube-sff-cases-cubos-thin-clients-htpcs-minitowers-lanboxes-topico-dedicado-338.html

If it would work do you think I should go with it rather than the bigger one?

@Faceman

I read in a couple reviews that it can take up to four rads of different sizes simultaneously. It is hard to believe though. Found this that looks kinda promising(about five posts down). http://adrenaline.uol.com.br/forum/gabinetes-e-case-mod/375773-clube-sff-cases-cubos-thin-clients-htpcs-minitowers-lanboxes-topico-dedicado-338.html

If it would work do you think I should go with it rather than the bigger one?

Yea, you can have different size radiators simultaneously, but you have to remove HDD cages and it probably needs to be a custom loop.  Looking at those pictures, that is a custom loop.  He was able to route the cables easily.  There is no big waterblock and pump that you have to fit through tiny holes space.  I do think that this case is a very good size for what you want, but I'm not 100% sure that you will be able to comfortably have two AIOs.

jU1IhTl.jpg

Is how I imagine it will go if you do eventually go double AIO.  One thing to consider we don't know how long the GPUs being used in the case are.  So if the GPU you use is longer than the one in the picture, a 120mm radiator won't work there.  You also won't be able to go push/pull, which helps a lot for 120mm AIO on a GPU.

I do think that this is a great case, and it is great for the form factor you want.  I just want to make sure that you have the future expandability that you want.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

@Faceman

Ya I saw that it was a customer loop. I was just using that as a reference to say that it looks like a 120 and a 240 rad will both fit in the motherboard section of the case.

I looked into clearance a bit more and it says that a GPU up to 290mm will fit with a fan installed in the front. The GPU I have picked is 241mm so that leaves me 49mm for the radiator of the AIO which would be plenty if I'm correct?

@Faceman

Ya I saw that it was a customer loop. I was just using that as a reference to say that it looks like a 120 and a 240 rad will both fit in the motherboard section of the case.

I looked into clearance a bit more and it says that a GPU up to 290mm will fit with a fan installed in the front. The GPU I have picked is 241mm so that leaves me 49mm for the radiator of the AIO which would be plenty if I'm correct?

That won't leave you with enough room.  The smallest 120mm AIOs are 27mm thick, and require a 25mm fan.  So you're over 50mm.  It won't work.

@DylanD

By the way, here are some good modular PSUs that are inexpensive.

Rosewill Capstone 450M - $35 // Gold

Corsair CS550M - $40 // Gold

Antec HCG620M - $40 // Bronze

Rosewill Hive 750M - $40 // Bronze

@Faceman

Sorry my post wasn't really clear. I would have 49mm with a fan already installed, so with a 27mm rad I would be fine then by the sounds of it.

And thanks for the PSUs. I'll keep them in mind. Do you think it would be a good idea to get up tomorrow (black Friday for me) to try to catch sales. Or will most of the stuff come on sale on CM?

@Faceman

Sorry my post wasn't really clear. I would have 49mm with a fan already installed, so with a 27mm rad I would be fine then by the sounds of it

Oh then yes, you will have plenty of room.

@Faceman

Edited the post above

I'm not sure to be honest.. the prices are already so low