Next Big Esport?

Mohenjo

If all the current big esports died down all at once (lol, Dotas, csGO etc) what do you think will become the top dog in the Esports world?

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

I think that Heroes of the Storm will become very successful.

how high are you right now

im like this --------------- high

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Star Citizen FPS, Star Citizen Arena Commander, Star Citizen Racing. Big money is going to be going down here. My friend's and I have already started betting big bucks, setting up big $1000+ Ca$h events, and Organizing stuff like http://citizenscup.org/ :)

Star Citizen FPS, Star Citizen Arena Commander, Star Citizen Racing. Big money is going to be going down here. My friend's and I have already started betting big bucks, setting up big $1000+ Ca$h events, and Organizing stuff like http://citizenscup.org/ :)

I seriously doubt that. SS is not designed to be a competitive game and looking how they are designing it probably won't be very competitive (which is fine to me because it still looks like TONS of fun). It might HAVE a competitive scene but it will probably be a joke like the competitive BF scene.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I seriously doubt that. SS is not designed to be a competitive game and looking how they are designing it probably won't be very competitive (which is fine to me because it still looks like TONS of fun). It might HAVE a competitive scene but it will probably be a joke like BF games.

Well if you call racing head's up for $1000 a joke sure thing buddy. I think we have two different idea's about what is an Esport. And what is BIG. I am older, more mature, and have played, managed, promoted, etc in various professional Esports. Anyway, the average Dota or LoL players spends how much a year? Versus the average Star Citizen? Yeah okay. What I thought. Anyway, you don't know anything and have no experience so calling shit a joke is pretty dumb, if you ask me. Whatever. Have fun with your little moba's dude.

Well if you call racing head's up for $1000 a joke sure thing buddy. I think we have two different idea's about what is an Esport. And what is BIG. I am older, more mature, and have played, managed, promoted, etc in various professional Esports. Anyway, the average Dota or LoL players spends how much a year? Versus the average Star Citizen? Yeah okay. What I thought. Anyway, you don't know anything and have no experience so calling shit a joke is pretty dumb, if you ask me. Whatever. Have fun with your little moba's dude.

What are you talking about? Why do you suddenly feel the need to insult MOBAs just because I don't have faith that SS will be a competitive game. I don't even play MOBAs...

I have an opinion the same as you and it is awfully elitist of you to assume I am some kid who knows nothing simply because I don't agree with you.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

And someone beat me to it. I think Toxikk has huge potential to bring back arena shooters to the competitive scene. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Probably another MOBA or something. They are immensely popular due to the skill required to have fun in them and the overall skill ceiling that allows competitive games and meta flows to be carried out. 

Any game can be an esport as long it satisfies two general criteria, a high enough skill ceiling and a large enough player base. You have both and voila top players compete and roles are filled in for competition (coaches, managers, organizers, casters) then the player base which serves as a money point for companies to hand out sponsorship contracts along with the devs possibly using that money to further up their game's esport scene like how valve does it.

If you're talking about current games, i think Natural Selection 2 can really take off. Alot of people dont know about but its a great tactful game with an amazing merger of both RTS and FPS into the same game. Smaller games like Smite, BF4 etc have already a esports scene that is pretty established (in terms of major competitions and stable support from the devs towards the game) so i wouldnt consider those to be in the running for the "next esport" since they already are esports.

What?

Heroes of the Storm and the upcoming starcraft

Maybe overwatch aswell, might have the potential for that

I wouldn't count SC2 out just yet. The changes coming with Legacy look solid. I doubt Blizzard are going to let the original eSports franchise die that easily

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

I don't know why, but I can see Arma as being an eSport.

"My signature is in Comic Sans, and therefore I am cool" - Anonymous

CPU: i7 4790K @ 4.2 Cooler: Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth x97 RAM: 16GB DDR3 Ram GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Superclocked SSD: 256GB SSD (OS) HDD: 1T 7200RPM Case:BitFenix Coloussus Venom Edition PSU:EVGA 850W Gold Fully Modular OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit