Tablet Upgrade

Froger96

Hi all, 

i have an Asus eee Pad Transformer TF101 (the original transformer) and it has become rather slow, even though i have factory reset it a couple of times, so i was wondering, can you replace the tegra 2 chip inside it, with a tegra 3 or something, as an upgrade, when taking it apart, or is tegra 3 on a different chipset, is there any way i can upgrade it at all, or speed it up?

thanks

Hi all, 

i have an Asus eee Pad Transformer TF101 (the original transformer) and it has become rather slow, even though i have factory reset it a couple of times, so i was wondering, can you replace the tegra 2 chip inside it, with a tegra 3 or something, as an upgrade, when taking it apart, or is tegra 3 on a different chipset, is there any way i can upgrade it at all, or speed it up?

thanks

I believe the Tegra chip is soldered on to the motherboard so it would be a pain to replace it and presuming you can open the tablet to get to the chip, remove it with out damaging the motherboard and find a Tegra 3 chip at a good price there's no grantee it will work.

Also it's not just the cpu that could be slow, it could be the OS as newer versions of Android and IOS is a lot faster and more power effect then the older ones.

Your best bet is to save up and buy a faster tablet.

Cry Havoc!

I would agree, upgrading a tablet is very unlikely to even work if you can manage it. Start chipping in for a new one 

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

and how much of a performance boost would it give me to root my tablet and upgrade it from ice cream sandwich to lollipop on release or just kitkat for now?

It should run smoother if you put a rom like cyanogenmod. And at least jelly bean 4.1.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite