Malicious Software Campaign Targets Apple Users in China

CaliJL

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/11/05/malicious-software-campaign-targets-apple-users-in-china/

Researchers at a Silicon Valley security company said on Wednesday that they had found a new manner in which hackers can infect Apple products.

The company, Palo Alto Networks, reported that it had uncovered a malware campaign called WireLurker targeting Apple mobile and desktop users and said it was “the biggest in scale we have ever seen.”

Though the malware — malicious software designed to cause damage or steal information — is aimed at users in China and can be avoided, the campaign demonstrates new ways that attackers are targeting Apple iOS mobile devices.

Apple is currently patching the Rootpipe vulnerability, but it is not clear when the patch will be completed.

It should be noted that this only affects users who download apps from a third party app store in China.

Lol I thought "apple can't get virus's! only stupid windows gets those!"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Apple Apple Apple, when will you ever learn B)

As an "Apple hater," I still think this is a stupid post if it's not sarcastic.

As an "Apple hater," I still think this is a stupid post if it's not sarcastic.

I also dislike Apple and yes it is sarcastic

Apple Apple Apple, when will you ever learn B)

I've seen several posts from you bashing on Apple, you need to sit down in a quiet room and reflect on your life. I can't see myself wasting my precious time bashing on a company I have no interest in.  :)

its always china, i dunno if these are hidden government goons or actual hackers being assholes, considering a shit ton of hacks are coming out of china

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I've seen several posts from you bashing on Apple, you need to sit down in a quiet room and reflect on your life. I can't see myself wasting my precious time bashing on a company I have no interest in.  :)

Sorry about my response(s) to other people's post's I did not mean any harm. :(