CoD: Advanced Warfare release in 3 days - Still no SLI support

OlekKing

Because every game that has ever come out, since the beginning of gaming, has already had really impressive screenshots of "in game graphics" that turn out to not look like that at all

I am not categorically saying its not, and I will probably find it really good if it does look like that, just not going to shout from the rooftops that it looks amazing without seeing it for myself

and I am using my previous judgement of older COD game launches to base this off

But all of the old CoDs looked like outdated ass and all of their promotional material matched the final product.

Ubisoft is probably the only main company that has been heavily falsely advertising their game visuals at press conferences. I'm sure it has happened with some other games but you don't see it that often.

These don't look "too good to be true" to me, they just use a lot of post process effects and high resolutions to make them look better, the lighting for example isn't all that complex really.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

But all of the old CoDs looked like outdated ass and all of their promotional material matched the final product.

Ubisoft is probably the only main company that has been heavily falsely advertising their game visuals at press conferences. I'm sure it has happened with some other games but you don't see it that often.

These don't look "too good to be true" to me, they just use a lot of post process effects and high resolutions to make them look better, the lighting for example isn't all that complex really.

I hope you are right

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

No one with a serious SLI rig plays CoD. And like you would need SLI to run it. A R7 260x can pobably run it at "ultra" 4k.

So you didn't hear about the awful optimization that Ghosts launched with? TB with his two Titans couldn't maintain a stead 60fps and saying that no one with X kind of hardware plays a particular game is fucking retarded.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

So you didn't hear about the awful optimization that Ghosts launched with? TB with his two Titans couldn't maintain a stead 60fps and saying that no one with X kind of hardware plays a particular game is fucking retarded.

I play competitive CS:GO in 1440p 144Hz and 16xQCSAA capped at 300 fps xD

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

I know you all have fun making these little jokes, but i'm genuinely interested in this release and after all i'm only paying 15€ for it via the g2a marketplace...

They promised more attention for the PC and yet i'm seeing this...

Got a link to that?

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

I hope you are right

Original point of this thread was to discuss SLI support.

We're a couple days away from release and as you saw above, the SLI profile for the game is absolutely empty so i'm quite worried...

I guess i shouldn't expect a Beta driver with support for the game all of the sudden, hell i'm not even sure if Nvidia will push the profile alone...

Got a link to that?

https://www.g2a.com/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-steam-preorder-russia.html

You'll probably need a VPN to activate the key but after that you're good, it includes English in the installation.

Original point of this thread was to discuss SLI support.

We're a couple days away from release and as you saw above, the SLI profile for the game is absolutely empty so i'm quite worried...

I guess i shouldn't expect a Beta driver with support for the game all of the sudden, hell i'm not even sure if Nvidia will push the profile alone...

Yea we all got a little off track

Ghosts launched terribly optimised, and its possible this game will too, its worrying but hopefully will get fixed within a few days - sucks though

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

https://www.g2a.com/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-steam-preorder-russia.html

You'll probably need a VPN to activate the key but after that you're good, it includes English in the installation.

Yeah its what i thought, cant bother with VPN and risking steam problems, account and inv worth too much lol

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

You're going to tell me with a straight face that you think this is all CG?

Dude go see a doctor, your mental illness is making you look rather stupid ;)

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Yea we all got a little off track

Ghosts launched terribly optimised, and its possible this game will too, its worrying but hopefully will get fixed within a few days - sucks though

I've noticed that SHG has been touting their love for PC while avoiding any comments about how they'll support it, during the developer sessions at EGX they had a Q&A, first question was a guy asking about the optimization and support for PC, one of the founders was speaking there and he just avoided the question by saying he was the wrong person to ask...

It worries me but i'm still optimistic because all of the bad PC ports were from Infinity Ward (MW2, MW3, Ghosts).

At least they confirmed we'll have a FOV slider up to 90º, bit too low IMO, but hey, we won't be getting banned for changing it this time!

Yeah its what i thought, cant bother with VPN and risking steam problems, account and inv worth too much lol

There's plenty of reliable free VPNs you can use, Steam only bans people who attempt to buy games from foreign regions via VPN with their own accounts. Remember, you only need the VPN during the key activation process, after that you're done with it.

If you get a copy from a Russian friend, which is pretty much what this is like, and use a VPN to activate it you don't get into trouble.

I've done it with MW3 and BO1, as well as Witcher 1-2 which were all sent to me by a friend outside of where i live.

I've noticed that SHG has been touting their love for PC while avoiding any comments about how they'll support it, during the developer sessions at EGX they had a Q&A, first question was a guy asking about the optimization and support for PC, one of the founders was speaking there and he just avoided the question by saying he was the wrong person to ask...

It worries me but i'm still optimistic because all of the bad PC ports were from Infinity Ward (MW2, MW3, Ghosts).

At least they confirmed we'll have a FOV slider up to 90º, bit too low IMO, but hey, we won't be getting banned for changing it this time!

I was at EGX but I avoided the COD section, maybe I should have checked it out, 90 is ok, but I would prefer if it went higher, I hate narrow FOV, 

SHG have only brought us MW3 which was a pretty poor game, so there is very little to go on, as to how they fair at making games and supporting PC 

Apparently the engine is completly in house and very different "unrecognisable" from previous COD engines... so we shall see if that is true

Dude go see a doctor, your mental illness is making you look rather stupid ;)

So you just call me mentally ill and stupid without explaining why? Do you have something more to say or add?

I was at EGX but I avoided the COD section, maybe I should have checked it out, 90 is ok, but I would prefer if it went higher, I hate narrow FOV, 

SHG have only brought us MW3 which was a pretty poor game, so there is very little to go on, as to how they fair at making games and supporting PC 

Apparently the engine is completly in house and very different "unrecognisable" from previous COD engines... so we shall see if that is true

They only helped IW with MW3, they weren't in charge of the whole thing.

Well it's pretty apparent that it got some hefty upgrades with this game, but come on, you instantly recognize that it's still heavily based on what all of the old games have used.

So you just call me mentally ill and stupid without explaining why? Do you have something more to say or add?

You look stupid for implying that those are actual gameplay screenshots.

They are obviously rendered models just for the trailer or in a cutscene.

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

I said sorry already and it was meant as a joke.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

You look stupid for implying that those are actual gameplay screenshots.

They are obviously rendered models just for the trailer or in a cutscene.

"Obviously"?

Are you fucking kidding me lol?

A bit sad that you're unable to distinguish CGI from real time graphics.

They're from that section of the game, that's running in 900p on xbone and already looks decent, you can see that the models are exactly the same, now imagine that footage in 4K cranked up with full PC settings.

"Obviously"?

Are you fucking kidding me lol?

A bit sad that you're unable to distinguish CGI from real time graphics.

They're from that section of the game, that's running in 900p on xbone and already looks decent, you can see that the models are exactly the same, now imagine that footage in 4K cranked up with full PC settings.

Did you lose your glasses?

They only helped IW with MW3, they weren't in charge of the whole thing.

Well it's pretty apparent that it got some hefty upgrades with this game, but come on, you instantly recognize that it's still heavily based on what all of the old games have used.

Oh it looks exactly like it just slightly improved haha

I sadly only want to play it to see Kevin Spacey ..... (as completely sad as that sounds)

Did you lose your glasses?

CPU: AMD FX 6300GPU: AMD R9 280x.

I guess you've never really seen high end PC graphics, nor proper CGI.

You can look at the exosuit and clothing, there's a lot of conservative and dodgy areas, imperfect circles, lack of tiny details and blocky looking stuff.

Either you're trying to troll me or you're really ignorant.

CPU: AMD FX 6300GPU: AMD R9 280x.

I guess you've never really seen high end PC graphics, nor proper CGI.

You can look at the exosuit and clothing, there's a lot of conservative and dodgy areas, imperfect circles, lack of tiny details and blocky looking stuff.

Either you're trying to troll me or you're really ignorant.

Really? bringing in my PC specs? How fucking childish of you.

I'm 15 years old and don't have a job, i don't have tons of money to spend on PC parts.

Yes i have seen high end PC graphics, i'm not a fucking pleb.

Anyways, I hope you'll find your glasses soon. 

Really? bringing in my PC specs? How fucking childish of you.

I'm 15 years old and don't have a job, i don't have tons of money to spend on PC parts.

Yes i have seen high end PC graphics, i'm not a fucking pleb.

Anyways, I hope you'll find your glasses soon. 

So little 15 year old boy here thinking he's a smarty pants eh, with all his 2 years or less of experience with computer hardware and supposedly 3D computing as well?

You've provided the last piece of the puzzle.

So little 15 year old boy here thinking he's a smarty pants eh?

You've provided the last piece of the puzzle.

So you're saying all 15 year olds are stupid? 

You are the most arrogant and retarded person I've seen on this forum yet. 

Please stop talking, you are not worth my time, anyone's time, really.

People like you ruin the internet.

So you're saying all 15 year olds are stupid? 

You are the most arrogant and retarded person I've seen on this forum yet. 

Please stop talking, you are not worth my time, anyone's time, really.

People like you ruin the internet.

All these emotional appeals, go on, go on.

No, I'm just saying that YOU are a stupid 15 year old with no real experience, so please stop talking out of your ass.

You're the one who felt the need to resort to ad hominem first, not me.

And i'm not ruining the Internet simply for calling out kids like you for your ignorance, well maybe for you i am, since you're so pissed off.