Bang for the buck gaming pc? Expert advice greatly appreciated

Hello Linustechtips forum members,

In a week or so I will begin my new PC Build, I always want the best for my money but the thing is that I need some help doing that because I am not that much of a pc expert as some of you guys. So when I started thinking about getting a new pc I thought to myself. What do i need performance wise and what are my intentions with my computer and most important what is my budget? Soon I figured out that its just mostly Gaming, Internet browsing and some 3D rendering and the budget was around 1400,- that price is including a screen (i already have a good mouse and keyboard). Knowing that the linustechtips forum has alot of PC Experts on it i thought that you guys could maybe help me with my computer build, now i dont want you guys to do all the work for me so i did already come up with a build that seemed very good performance/wise. If you guys can come up with better parts for my pc build by not exceeding my budget i would greatly appriciate it!

The Build: 

Power supply:                       CoolerMaster V650 Semi-Modular                   : price € 89,90             
Opt. Drive:                             ASUS DRW 24F1ST                                         : price € 18,74          
Extra Cooling:                       still have to choose!
HDD:                                      Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003                 : price € 51,90
SSD:                                       Crucial MX100                                                  : price € 98,89
GPU:                                       MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G                                : price € 359,90        
CPU Cooler:                           Gelid Tranquillo Rev.2                                      : price € 27,90   
CPU:                                        Intel Core i5 4690                                            : price € 194,89                 
Case:                                      BitFenix Shinobi                                               : price € 56,89      
RAM:                                       Kingston HyperX FURY Red Series                : price € 78,54                 
Motherboard:                         MSI Z87-G45 Gaming                                     : price € 114,90

Extra:                                      BitFenix Mesh-Stripes Red                               : price € 7,84

Monitor:                                 ASUS VG248QE                                               : price € 285,90 

As i said i am not that much of a computer expert and i intend to keep this computer for a long time so i wont be overclocking my CPU and that is the reason why i went with a normal processor.

I went for air cooling simply because it is cheaper and for all i have read it really doesnt do all that much for medium gaming rigs like mine.

The red and black color scheme is something i intend to keep.

I wentt for the Z87 motherboard because it is cheaper now but still a very good motherboard.

Hope you guys can help me get the best out of my money, every single reaction and suggestion will be read and greatly appriciated!!! 

Don't get Devils Canyon CPU with a Z87 board. Plus, why are you getting an overclockable board with a non overclock able chip? Overclocing doesn't really shorten the life span of the CPU if you have adequate cooling. Plus, it'd be handy to tell us what country you're from

Get a 4690k, the unlocked overclockable version of the 4690, with a Z97 mobo

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Thank you guys so much for replying to my post, by this time i have decided to go for the K version because as your advice helped me to believe that the lifespan of the chipset wont be that much of a problem. One thing that remains is why would i not get the i5 4690k devils canyon processor? Is it because the bios isnt up to date because of the z87 and it wouldnt recognize it and if so what else should i get... the i5 4670k and if so is that a better solution for my mobo? By the way i heard that thing runs really hot, is that true?

Telling us what country you're from would help

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€218.31 @ Amazon Deutschland)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (€32.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (€101.89 @ Home of Hardware DE)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (€74.97 @ Hardwareversand)
Storage: Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€59.90 @ Caseking)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€50.39 @ Pixmania DE)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card  (€315.73 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Case: BitFenix Shinobi XL (Black) ATX Full Tower Case  (€144.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€69.60 @ Hardwareversand)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer  (€16.84 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor  (€289.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €1374.52
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-31 13:58 CET+0100

CPU: i5-4690 | CoolerCRYORIG H7 |GPU: PowerColor TurboDuo R9 280X OC RAM: G.skill RipjawsX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 CL9Motherboard: ASUS B85M-E | SSD: ADATA XPG SX900 128GB |HDD: Western Digital Caviar BLUE 1TBCase: Cooler Master K281PSU: SeaSonic ECO 600W | Monitor: Samsung S24D390HL 24 Inch PLS

Hi there sorry for the very late response, I am from The netherlands Hopefully this can help you guys better! hope for more suggestions. I am willing to change the mobo to a MSI z97 Gaming 5 for a bit more money because that suits the i5 4690k better. Is there any better mobo out there? It must not cost more than 130 euros and lower preferred ofcourse. I already thought about the asrock z97 fatal1ty killer but i dont know if that is better or not..