Lenovo Completed the $2.91 Billion Acquisition Of Motorola From Google Today.

Hello Moto..I mean Lenovo...

14.01.29-Lenovorola.jpg

Let's play microsoft..

Lenovo has completed the $2.91 billion acquisition of Motorola from Google today. The deal, which was announced in January, comes just three years after Google itself shelled out $12.5 billion to buy the phone-maker.

“Today we achieved a historic milestone for Lenovo and for Motorola  & together we are ready to compete, grow and win in the global smartphone market. By building a strong number three and a credible challenger to the top two in smartphones, we will give the market something it has needed: choice, competition and a new spark of innovation.”

As part of the $3 billion transaction that will see ownership of handset maker Motorola passed from Google to Lenovo, the Silicon Valley search giant is set to receive stock representing a six percent stake in the Chinese PC manufacturer.

lenovo_motorola_google_sf%5B1%5D.jpg

Now a Lenovo subsidiary, Motorola will continue to be based out of Chicago with offices worldwide. Motorola Mobility President Rick Osterloh will retain in his position following the deal, with Liu Jun, Lenovo’s executive vice president and president of its Mobile Business Group, becoming chairman of the Motorola board.

The iconic Motorola brand will continue, as will the Moto and DROID franchises that have propelled our growth over the past year. We will continue to focus on pure Android and fast upgrades, and remain committed to developing technology to solve real consumer problems. And we will continue to develop mobile devices that bring people unprecedented choice, value and quality.”

Osterloh says Motorola will maintain its global offices suggests that there are no immediate job cuts.

It’s worth noting that Lenovo and Motorola’s smartphone share combined is enough to surpass Xiaomi, according to IDC’s data. Although since the two brands are being kept separate, that’s really a technicality in our book.

IDC’s latest report ranked Lenovo fourth on smartphone shipments in Q3 2014, with fellow Chinese company Xiaomi ranked higher than it (third) for the first time. In addition to buying Motorola, Lenovo has more plans up its sleeve after it revealed this month that it will launch a Xiaomi-like smartphone business for the Chinese market in 2015.

Link....

http://techcrunch.com/2014/10/30/lenovo-has-completed-the-2-91-billion-acquisition-of-motorola-from-google/

Details separate people.

Wonder who's gonna buy them next

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

One of the largest electronic company falls, wonder who's next. 

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

This is awful, especially given Lenovo's nightmarish rollout of the Yoga 3.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

One thing nobody is mentioning is that Google will be retaining a vast majority of Motorola's mobility patents to protect themselves from their rivals.

Main rig: i7 3770K @ 4.54, Sapphire R9 290, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Mushkin Redline 2133, Lian Li PC-P50R, Seasonic 860xp Platinum, Kingston Hyper X 3K 240GB

freeNAS server: AMD Athlon II 170u 20W, 5 x 3TB WD Red in raid-z1 (12 TB)

media centre: AMD A10-5700, crucial M4 (boot), running XBMC,4 x 3TB WD Red, 3 x 3TB WD green + 2TB green in FlexRAID (17 TB)

I cant believe that Motorola was sold again.

So who next are going to buy them 

Timothy Harnamji

One thing nobody is mentioning is that Google will be retaining a vast majority of Motorola's mobility patents to protect themselves from their rivals.

Yeah this is pretty much the most important thing for google with they brought the company.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

One of the largest electronic company falls, wonder who's next. 

I don't think it's falling, I mean, it was already owned by Google. It'l be in good hands with Lenovo.

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.

Wouldn't it be funny if Lenovo does what Google did and just sell Motorola few months after the purchase?

They should sell it to Apple so that at least they can have a smartwatch that doesn't look like shit.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Wouldn't it be funny if Lenovo does what Google did and just sell Motorola few months after the purchase?

They should sell it to Apple so that at least they can have a smartwatch that doesn't look like shit.

No, the Apple Watch is the best watch ever because Apple made it. The fact that they didn't even try to make it look like a watch is irrelevant. IT'S GOLD

I don't think it's falling, I mean, it was already owned by Google. It'l be in good hands with Lenovo.

I was comparing it to when it was the biggest electronic company on the planet, over history it seems like such companies can disappear or fail (Nokia, Kodak, Etc). 

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

I was comparing it to when it was the biggest electronic company on the planet, over history it seems like such companies can disappear or fail (Nokia, Kodak, Etc). 

Yeah. I hope that hey'll actually make use of the company's properties, not just to sell off later.   

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.