Modmic audio quiet on realtek audio.

Go to solution Solved by ShearMe,

So I just got a modmic 4.0  for my headphones (im running them of the on-board realtek audio on my ASUS ROG motherboard. When I first set it up it was quite, so quiet I couldn't even hear myself talking reasonably loudly, i could just about hear the vibrations of moving the mic around so it was definitely picking up something and all the volumes etc are set to 100%.

I've googled fixes, followed all the instructions but nothing worked except the suggestion of turning up the microphone boost in the control panel, when its set to +20dB i can hear myself but takes +30dB to be loud enough. Only thing is at these levels there is an incredible amount of static noise and it doesn't stop when I mute the microphone, the only way to get rid of it is to turn off boost again. In its current state I can't use it, the static is just too bad. Does anyone know of a fix or something that I can do to make this microphone actually usable? Thanks.

Wow, thats dumb awesome. Thanks. Kind of annoyed that it comes to buying cheap little usb sound cards just for a mic input.

Just 1 thing before I head over to amazon, was it just me or did the recording sound choppier (you know stuttering a bit more) with the usb sound card?

Just 1 thing before I head over to amazon, was it just me or did the recording sound choppier (you know stuttering a bit more) with the usb sound card?

I didn't notice anything of the sort. Video streaming issues maybe?

I didn't notice anything of the sort. Video streaming issues maybe?

I've listened to it a couple more times, it wasn't cutting, it was just when he makes an 's' sound there's a more pronounced buffeting sound (the sort you can hear when filming out side in the wind) with the usb card than with on-board, not sure if its just the static was concealing it or what.