Power outage broke Windows 10 TP?

So awhile ago we had a power outage here (windy). I was running W10 TP and basically the whole computer just shut down suddenly as it lost power. Now, whenever I boot Windows 10 again, I cannot get the keyboard to function. The keyboard works on other OS's on the same PC so I don't know exactly what's wrong. The caps lock/lock lights on the keyboard don't change when I press buttons on the keyboard. Nothing happens at all. I've tried plugging it in elsewhere and nothing....

I know the keyboard still works. So what is it that caused Windows 10 to do this and how do I fix it (without a keyboard)?

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT:

So also, the computer won't restart or shut down from the Windows command from the start menu. forcing it to shut down via pressing the button down for 5 secs is the only way to get it to turn off. I had the thing sit there for like 5 mins waiting for it to restart and it wouldn't do it.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

it-crowd1.jpg

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

You need to take a different keyboard and try to reinstall the USB drivers, maybe windows.

Another possibility is that the power outage had a surge that fried your motherboard USB controller if your PSU doesnt have surge protection.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Try a PS2 keyboard, those things are like compatibility 101.

You need to take a different keyboard and try to reinstall the USB drivers, maybe windows.

Another possibility is that the power outage had a surge that fried your motherboard USB controller if your PSU doesnt have surge protection.

it's a PS/2 keyboard btw. It works on other OS's on other hard drives so nothing seems to be wrong with the motherboard.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Try a PS2 keyboard, those things are like compatibility 101.

it was a PS/2 Keyboard. Don't have any USB at the moment. I am typing this comment on the keyboard now.

Also, to anybody reading, please re-read the original post, there's something else I pointed out about shutdown.

Also, to anybody reading, please re-read the original post, there's something else I pointed out about shutdown.

You do also have to realize the Dev Preview is just that, and may not work 100% of the time 100% well, give it some time to get to the consumer release. You could try get in contact with Microsoft support and ask them too.

I'd like to point out I'm running Windows '10' right now on my surface and personally I think 8.1 was better. imho.

You do also have to realize the Dev Preview is just that, and may not work 100% of the time 100% well, give it some time to get to the consumer release. You could try get in contact with Microsoft support and ask them too.

I'd like to point out I'm running Windows '10' right now on my surface and personally I think 8.1 was better. imho.

I'll probably just re-install it. I didn't put anything of importance on it and still have the installer.

Also, I am sorta on the fence about the OS. I like that it has a start menu and the W8 task manager - yay. But it's still flawed (crap on the taskbar bugs the hell out of me, I like it nice and clean) and, I guess proved here, isn't a stable OS yet.

I just need Windows 7 with the speed improvements, some of the updated UI, the task manager and that's about it. Is that not what everybody wants though :P?