Dev-C++ and Windows 8.1

peacemak3r

Hey,

I'm having a slight program and I don't know whether it's the software or some setting in Windows 8.1 that is causing this or if it's normal behavior.

So, I'm in a C++ class and we use Dev-C++. But at home, I use Windows 8.1 Pro. Whenever I compile then run the program from within, it'll open up 2 command prompt windows to run the program. (Basic C++ class) It's basically running the program twice. It can't be the code because it's the same code running in class with the campus computers and it runs only 1 command prompt window.

Is there a setting I'm not seeing in 8.1 Pro or something within Dev-C++ that is causing this?

I'm using Orwell Dev-C++ version 5.7.1 right now. I was thinking of using I believe Visual Basic or something, I get it for free with my student e-mail for the semester I believe.

I'm using Orwell Dev-C++ version 5.7.1 right now. I was thinking of using I believe Visual Basic or something, I get it for free with my student e-mail for the semester I believe.

I think you mean Visual Studio (Visual Basic is a programming language :) ). Visual Studio is actually VERY powerful software. Plus, you can make it even more awesome with add-ons, similar to Firefox. Real Cool.

You have Visual Studio Express which is free for all. It's the basic software suit.

If your school is registered to MSDNAA/Dreamspark Premium, you can get the Professional version for free.

I think you mean Visual Studio (Visual Basic is a programming language :) ). Visual Studio is actually VERY powerful software. Plus, you can make it even more awesome with add-ons, similar to Firefox. Real Cool.

You have Visual Studio Express which is free for all. It's the basic software suit.

If your school is registered to MSDNAA/Dreamspark Premium, you can get the Professional version for free.

Yeah, that, I couldn't remember the name haha. Yeah I have a Dreamspark account with my school so I guess I could use this because the double command prompt showing when running the program is getting somewhat annoying for me.

Yeah, that, I couldn't remember the name haha. Yeah I have a Dreamspark account with my school so I guess I could use this because the double command prompt showing when running the program is getting somewhat annoying for me.

If you've Dreamspark get Ultimate version if available.