Talk me out of Buying a Nvidia Shield Tablet

Arcticfo

it does have a touch screen ya know

I don understand that it has a touch screen, but even with the touch screen to me it doesn't offer enough of an incentive to get it.  Is it by far the best portable for gaming, the answer is a clear yes, however i Stand by the fact that using it as an actual android device with my little experience playing with one is kind of a meh experience.

"I don't know, isn't that Brilliant, I love not knowing keeps me on my toes." David Tennant

Don't buy it, cause man the cover/stand that Nvidia sells with it, is the worst thing I've ever used in my life.  The magnets don't actually snap in place that well, and the attaching mechanism is atrocious, since it's hard plastic that rattles around.

The stand was pretty much the major reason I sent it back, I'm just so used to the smart cover on my iPad.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Don't buy it, cause man the cover/stand that Nvidia sells with it, is the worst thing I've ever used in my life. The magnets don't actually snap in place that well, and the attaching mechanism is atrocious, since it's hard plastic that rattles around.

The stand was pretty much the major reason I sent it back, I'm just so used to the smart cover on my iPad.

Aren't there other options besides the official case? I mean the standard stand Is an option but it's hardly the best option.

Also has anyone experienced any of the problems that are plaguing the shield tab? Sides cracking, wifi issues the likes?

"I don't know, isn't that Brilliant, I love not knowing keeps me on my toes." David Tennant

Aren't there other options besides the official case? I mean the standard stand Is an option but it's hardly the best option.

There are, but the attachment mechanism on the tablet is pretty strange too, it has physical holes.  If you're going to use some kind of stand I'd suggest one that is also a case, not just a cover.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

There are, but the attachment mechanism on the tablet is pretty strange too, it has physical holes.  If you're going to use some kind of stand I'd suggest one that is also a case, not just a cover.

That's what I was thinking, perhaps one of the cases on Amazon they seem fairly equivelent, as far as abilities go, to the official shield cover which shouldn't end up to terribly for viewing angles and it's attached the good old fashioned way so there shouldn't be any rattling with any luck.