Are you in school?

I've been wondering what the demographics on the LTT forums are. I hope people don't take it too personally, I only have the best of intensions in mind with this. I'm attending university, I'm studying electric engineering, that's mainly why I'm so drawn to LinusTechTips. But I'm really interested about other people as well. What kind of people visit the forums?

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

self employed... trying to start my own game studio :3

Character artist in the Games industry.

Currently still in secondary school (high school) though in my last year.

Self employed person who sells retail games and creates games.

Good Morning...

I work in a school. does that count?

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

I currently don't have a job and I'm also no longer a student, maybe I should get back or something.

I left college 3 years ago

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Go to college, which is neither high scool or university lol, add another group for a-levels and college? I put down college..

Going on to study either computing and electronics , electronics or computing at uni.. no idea yet, want to go into business with electronics selling and or marketing them, but im joining the navy as an officer for a few years first :)

CPU: i5 3570k                                 PSU: CX650 Corsair                 SSD: 128GB Samsung 840

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance     Case: Zalman Z11                    HDD: 500Gb Toshiba & 1TB Western Digital

MOBO: ASrock Extreme 4 Z77        GPU: GTX 770

I'm at school :\ but only one year left, then I hope to study some kind of ICT at UNI :D

Go to college, which is neither high scool or university lol, add another group for a-levels and college? I put down college..

What he said as well actually  or Sixth Form as they call it in some places...

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

I'm currently attending High-School. Trying to study to become a Cardiothoracic surgeon (Surgeon specialized in the chest area, usually the heart.)

Well I guess technically I am still in my last year of Secondary School though I don't actually really go in anymore.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Well, my understanding is that uni and collage are very similar. That's why I didn't put them in two seperate groups. Frankly I don't really know what the difference is, I always thought it's just different words for the same thing (with some minor differences maybe). So if anyone wants to explain it, I'd be happy to change the poll so there's an other group for collage.

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

Last months in the university. Studying Mechanical Engineering

I receive a disability pension, and have no current employment (although my disability doesn't stop me from working), so I don't know whether to answer with "Unemployed", or with "Pension?"?

I receive a disability pension, and have no current employment (although my disability doesn't stop me from working), so I don't know whether to answer with "Unemployed", or with "Pension?"?

Disability pension, I didn't know you could get a pension in your 20's

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

That's why there's an option called "other". I can't account for all possibilities as you can imagine.

Disability pension, I didn't know you could get a pension in your 20's

Firstly, Australian government FTW.

Secondly, how did you know I'm in my 20's?

Your profile says you're 22.

yea ftw :) and also I'm psychic :P

Nah jk I looked at your profile, I've never seen anyone in the 20's on a pension before lol

That's why there's an option called "other". I can't account for all possibilities as you can imagine.

Didn't think of going with "other" decided to vote for "pension"

And Virusal19/FireFox, I realised that after I posted, even though I don't remember setting my birth date.

Didn't think of going with "other" decided to vote for "pension"

And Virusal19/FireFox, I realised that after I posted, even though I don't remember setting my birth date.

Ahh lol

Well, my understanding is that uni and collage are very similar. That's why I didn't put them in two seperate groups. Frankly I don't really know what the difference is, I always thought it's just different words for the same thing (with some minor differences maybe). So if anyone wants to explain it, I'd be happy to change the poll so there's an other group for collage.

In england, college or a levels are what you study to go to university.

CPU: i5 3570k                                 PSU: CX650 Corsair                 SSD: 128GB Samsung 840

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance     Case: Zalman Z11                    HDD: 500Gb Toshiba & 1TB Western Digital

MOBO: ASrock Extreme 4 Z77        GPU: GTX 770

Currently studying an Honours Degree, just finished my second year :)

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Currently studying an Honours Degree, just finished my second year :)

Nice, a degree in what field?

I'm in high school trying to decide what I want to take for college.

I'm in high school trying to decide what I want to take for college.

Something you really like and there are plenty of employment opportunities would be a good start :)