top 5 ssd manufactures?

themaniac

what are the top five ssd manufactures the 4 i would think that are in the top 5 would be 1. samsung 2. intel 3. crucial 4. kingston not sure if all of them i listed are in the top 5 so what are the top 5 ssd manufactures

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Top 5:

Intel

Samsung

Crucial

Adata

Kingston

In that order btw

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Top 5:

Intel

Samsung

Crucial

Adata

Kingston

In that order btw

ok thanks atleast all four that i listed are in the top 5  :)

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Samsung

Micron/Crucial

Intel

SanDisk

Toshiba/OCZ

Those are manufacturers. They have fabs. Everyone else is an assembler, custom buyer or a rebrander. WD is fiddling around with assorted companies but haven't really entered the consumer space yet. There are a few more manufacturers out there but they are on the Enterprise side of things. Watch China as well. It looks like there might be a couple of fabs starting there that will wholesale NAND flash that will allow the bottom feeders to get drives really cheap. That will be a couple of years away though.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

In terms of quality:

1. Samsung

2. Intel

3. Crucial

The other manufacturers are mostly not very good.

Rebrands that consistently show good products:

4. Plextor

5. Adata

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

sandisk is missing.

they are HUGE.

Agreed. They aren't the fastest SSDs but they're really reliable, since SanDisk makes their own NAND

"Rawr XD"