which company gpu should i get?

levsingh

hey guys i have an asus r9 290x reference card and i am planning on getting another one for crossfire but as the asus one is too expensive for me there are other options like HIS, XFX, powercolor rest all are out of my budget as i am a student :P , so i just wanted to know which one will be the best for me? i need reference cards not with aftermarket coolers because i might watercool them later when i get money

yeah so xfx, his or powercolor

I would rethink 2 reference 290x's. You quite literally might go deaf.

But I would go XFX.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

XFX DoubleD cards are the sexiest things since ACX 1.0

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

XFX DoubleD cards are the sexiest things since ACX 1.0

but i want reference designs

I would rethink 2 reference 290x's. You quite literally might go deaf.

But I would go XFX.

hahaha yeah i know but no prob i game with headphones so for me its okay might be hell for my flatmates ;p

hahaha yeah i know but no prob i game with headphones so for me its okay might be hell for my flatmates ;p

Would you mind telling me what headphones you have that cancel out that much noise? I might want to pick up a pair lol. But just so you know, you can get aftermarket coolers that have reference PCB's meaning that waterblocks would fit. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Would you mind telling me what headphones you have that cancel out that much noise? I might want to pick up a pair lol. But just so you know, you can get aftermarket coolers that have reference PCB's meaning that waterblocks would fit.

Razer blackshark i know not good but does the job. can you suggest me some?

here are my choices

post-55381-0-61527200-1411525728_thumb.p

Razer blackshark i know not good but does the job. can you suggest me some?

To be honest I have no idea which ones are reference PCB but have non-reference coolers. 

Hopefully someone else can answer that.

To be honest I have no idea which ones are reference PCB but have non-reference coolers. 

Hopefully someone else can answer that.

AFAIK only XFX uses reference PCB with aftermarket cooler

"Rawr XD"

XFX DD is reference PCB

you mean the 5th one in the picture i uploaded?

hey guys i have an asus r9 290x reference card and i am planning on getting another one for crossfire but as the asus one is too expensive for me -snip-

Then save your money. 2 reference cards are enough to melt the ice on Greenland. 

Linus once unboxed a Toblerone

Then save your money. 2 reference cards are enough to melt the ice on Greenland.

i live in a cold country plus i have corsair air 540 case with all high airflow fans installed so the reference card that i have right now works under 70C and under 50 fan speed

i live in a cold country plus i have corsair air 540 case with all high airflow fans installed so the reference card that i have right now works under 70C and under 50 fan speed

putting 2 cards right next to each other....even in your conditions i'd be wary. If you have a motherboard in which they don't need to be in the 2 slots closest to each other, then go for it. That's the only situation in which i'd recommend it. If that's the case, then i'd get XFX for the lifetime warranty.

Linus once unboxed a Toblerone

putting 2 cards right next to each other....even in your conditions i'd be wary. If you have a motherboard in which they don't need to be in the 2 slots closest to each other, then go for it. That's the only situation in which i'd recommend it. If that's the case, then i'd get XFX for the lifetime warranty.

yeah i have maximus vii mobo and the pci slots are not close together there is a pci x4 slot in between them so no airflow problem

Yes

But i just read an article saying that it is non reference

But i just read an article saying that it is non reference

Wow just googled it and there is so much conflicting info....

However from what's been said around this forum and people irl AFAIK the DD 290X is a reference PCB, just voltage unlocked

"Rawr XD"

Wow just googled it and there is so much conflicting info....

However from what's been said around this forum and people irl AFAIK the DD 290X is a reference PCB, just voltage unlocked

Thanks bud but i will better stick with reference cooler designs