3570K OC

I just started pushing my 3570K and want to make sure everything is ok. I have Zalman CNPS9900MAX cooler and I'm 4.1GHz @1.100V with Prime95 Small FFT Coretemp shows 61 max, Idle is 37 max. Should I keep pushing it?

[Case] Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG (Air Mesh) || [CPU] Ryzen 7 5800X || [Cooler] Dark Rock Slim || [Mobo] ROG STRIX B550-F || [RAM] 32GB Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

[GPU] XFX MERC319 Radeon RX 6950XT || [SSD] 1TB WD SN550 M.2 NVME || [HDD] 6TB Seagate IronWolf 7200 || [PSU] Corsair AX850

[Display] LG 27GL850 @ 2560x1440 - 144Hz || [Mouse] ROG Gladius II || [Keyboard] ROG Strix Flare (Cherry MX Red) || [Speakers] 2.1 Logitech Z-3 || [Fans] 3x 120mm Corsair LL RGB

Theater Room - My 11.1 Home Theater

yes.

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

Go for it

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

If it's stable

Push it. Stop when your voltages are too high for your comfort zone or when your temps reach ~80 degrees.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

You should hit 4.3 - 4.7GHz on the 3570K. 

I personally keep it at 4.2GHz, but can get it to 4.5GHz. (Mine was a crappy batch)

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

push it until prime 95 goes to 87 c as it will never get that hot in normall use

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

You should hit 4.3 - 4.7GHz on the 3570K. 

I personally keep it at 4.2GHz, but can get it to 4.5GHz. (Mine was a crappy batch)

How  :(  I have a custom cooler that is actually pretty decent and I can't get past 4.2 with acceptable temperatures... I can get to 4.5, but the temperatures get a bit crazy due to the increased voltage to maintain stability...  :unsure:

How  :(  I have a custom cooler that is actually pretty decent and I can't get past 4.2 with acceptable temperatures... I can get to 4.5, but the temperatures get a bit crazy due to the increased voltage to maintain stability...  :unsure:

At 4.5GHz I hit 83 degrees with an H100i.

I keep mine at 4.2GHz and it never goes over 70.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

At 4.5GHz I hit 83 degrees with an H100i.

I keep mine at 4.2GHz and it never goes over 70.

Yeah, I've got a H80... not great, I know. I can achieve 4.2GHz at 1.2 which is really stable and only ever reaches about 60 load / 30 idle... 

But like you when I try to push it to 4.5Ghz I need to increase the voltage to about 1.25, and then the temperatures go up to about 80 load  :mellow:

I have mine stable at 4.4Ghz with the voltage at 1.3.  No matter what I do I can't any higher.  And any less voltage causes the computer to restart occasionally in games.  

This is the 3rd 3570K I have worked with and none of them would go above 4.4.  Although some were stable at lower voltages.  

Temp wise I stay in the high 50s/Low 60s even under heavy load, idle is in the low 30s using an H100i.    

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

On my old 3570k I had it overclocked it to 4.5ghz @ 1.3v and the highest temps got to was 65c with an h100i in a push/pull config in a thermaltake chaser mk-i case. I had the stock h100i fans pushing air through to the top of my case and had 2 200m fans as an exhaust. Probably could've been cooler but I didn't really attempt to mess with voltages too much since it was pretty stable. Used it as it was for 2 years with no issues.

4.5Ghz 1.285v, Cooler Master V8: 75c gaming load, 85c prime/folding load.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299