Lga 2011-3 build

pizzle2245

Help with build please.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/7W4jvK

Not sure if I wanna get a 780 ti or an r9 290x

Any other opinions are welcome as well

Everything will be bought at my local microcenter

Thanks in advance for your time and help

290x for gaming, but if it's gaming, i dont see why you would jump on x99, 780ti for like workstation use, cause' cuda.

Diamond 5 in League :)

I would say wait for more news about the 900 series to release, but I dunno its your choice.

wow, thats a lot of bees!

Help with build please.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/7W4jvK

Not sure if I wanna get a 780 ti or an r9 290x

Any other opinions are welcome as well

Everything will be bought at my local microcenter

Thanks in advance for your time and help

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/

Only detail that's missing I guess is what you will use this for, as it could influence the choice of video cards.

Spoiler

290x for gaming, but if it's gaming, i dont see why you would jump on x99, 780ti for like workstation use, cause' cuda.

Some people just like to have expensive stuff, and that's reason in itself.

Sorry virgule didn't see that. My mistake sorry. I am from the US and it's for gaming and budget is around 2 grand usd and being bought from microcenter. Went with lga 2011-3 just because I like the fact of having 6 cores. I know it's not needed or logical but my personal preference lol. I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Any other thoughts?

An i7-4790K would be a better choice for a gaming rig given its higher base clock and overclocking potential.

With an X99 build a 4x memory kit is optimal as it allows for quad channel operation. Change the 2x8GB kit to a 4x4 kit.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Yeah I meant to do that before posting and the 4790k is only 20 dollars cheaper at my local microcenter and I can get a motherboard for about the same price as a z97 board so the only major price difference is the ram. I've seen and read about the 5820k being oced to 4.6ghz with no real effort.

I would wait for more news abot the 900 series. 

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

Ok had a change of heart and decided to do a 4790k should I still do 4 sticks of ram?

Ok had a change of heart and decided to do a 4790k should I still do 4 sticks of ram?

For 16GB go with 2x8GB. Less stress on the memory controller and leaves room for an upgrade.

Here is new build. Different msi gtx 780 ti but they don't have the actual one microcenter has.http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jPmBFT

Other than the memory kit (go with 2x8GB) and psu, it looks decent. If you are getting a 750W EVGA psu, the model you want to get is 220-G2-0750-XR. The G1 series is not nearly as good.

If waiting till October is an option, you may want to do so to see what the new Nvidia GTX 9xx series offers.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Thanks man. Will change up the ram and the psu. Going this Saturday with any luck

Thanks man. Will change up the ram and the psu. Going this Saturday with any luck

That Motherboard in your spec doesn't support SLI so if you plan on adding a 2nd GTX 780ti later on you would need to swap it out.

You would need a board like this - http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z97g55sli

Ok should I stick with the gtx 780 ti or go with a gtx 980?

Ok should I stick with the gtx 780 ti or go with a gtx 980?

Assuming you don't have a 780 ti currently, I would. They perform similar and the 980 will draw less power.

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches