Logitech Teases New RGB Mechanical Keyboard

Logitech has teased its new mechanical keyboard in latest tweets.

2vn5k7a.jpg
Analysing the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQ8f4BP7XcI

Features of the new keyboard include:

-Fully LED Backlit keyboard, with individually lit RGB Lighting and per-key lighting customisation
-Nine Programmable G Keys along with three macro profile buttons (and a macro reset button)
-“ARX DOCK” Allow users to dock their smartphones to use as secondary screen for functionality similar to keyboards like the G19S, G15 and even the Deathstalker ultimate. The “ARX DOCK” may use Bluetooth to interact with the keyboard similar to the current K480.
-Dedicated media controls with volume roller
-Unique Chiselled Keycap design and possible in-house switches (see below)

Logitech also tweeted this teaser of the mechanical keyboard’s keycap which may suggest they are designing their own mechanical switches as the cap in the picture does not appear to be compatible with Cherry MX or Kailh (Cherry Clone) Switches.

95v14m.jpg

This keyboard will obviously be a direct competitor to the Corsair’s K70 and K90 RGB keyboards.

The amazingness of the keyboard is yet to be determined, however I will personally say that I will be holding off buying a K70 RGB to avoid risk of paying premium price for an inferior product. 

Hope y’all enjoyed dem flashy lights, No Seizure insurance provided!

UPDATE!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI_EA2cUflw
The New Logitech Keyboard will be branded as the Logitech G910 Orion Spark
Apparently it  actuates 25% faster and is 40% more durable (unknown what its compared to but lets just say Cherry MX)
Back light is fully customizable with 16 million colors 
It is confirmed that the G910 is using exclusive "Romer-G" switches designed by Logitech and also appears to be coil sprung loaded (buckling spring anyone?)

Helpful optimist by day, Troll by night

Every second video I unsub from Linus cos he tells me to hit the subscribe button on each video!!!

I hope this keyboard actually competes with the Corsair RGB, unlike that "Razer Chroma" crap.

EDIT: Wait, no CherryMX Switches? Oh....well I hope Logitech knows what they're doing.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Cool, and those keycaps look...different...in shape

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Wasn't Logitech already using Cherry knockoffs?  Or was that someone else?

EDIT: n/m its Razer

Satan's buttcrack 4790K - MSI mpower ultramaxextreme AC - 16gb G.skillz Trident 2400 - ZLoLtac GTX 980  - Corsair H110 Overkill - Oculus Rift DK2 - Asus vg248qe7the144hzone

Cool, and those keycaps look...different...in shape

Yeah It appears Logitech May be designing their own Mechanical Switches, I've never seen key caps like this

Helpful optimist by day, Troll by night

Every second video I unsub from Linus cos he tells me to hit the subscribe button on each video!!!

Well.... it's not like I just bought the CODE keyboard (MX Clears) from WASD... I ain't salty :'( 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

Logitech designed switches? This could get interesting.

Their keyboards do look good, but I'm looking for price:features. I'm happy with my ~$50 Monoprice Cherry MX Blue keyboard that has no extras whatsoever, but I would love to get something cheap with LED's and brown switches.

I'd definitely want to see how this keyboard would stack up against Corsair's K70. I must say I have a high expectations since it's Logitech.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

I have a G710, its a very nice keyboard (Except some of the caps came a little loose). I would love to see them add a cheaper model, and a more expensive one.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

If its under $150, I'm in for one. I have countless Logitech peripherals, never have issues with them and a lot of them are several years old and were dirt cheap... 

I heard that Corsair has an exclusive window on RGB Cherry MX keyboards. I hope I am wrong.

As far as I know, Corsair does. Which would explain why Logitech likely isn't using them.

put some metal and impress me and I'll buy it. I don't really care about cherry MX switches but I sure hope they have something just as worthwhile.

Edit: those keycaps look comfy as hell I might buy it just for that depending on the price.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I'm so stuck on whether to get the Razer, Corsair or now Logitech. Think Razer is still winning because of the switches.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Great... Logitech has joined Razer in the self-made switches bandwagon...  <_<

I heard that Corsair has an exclusive window on RGB Cherry MX keyboards. I hope I am wrong.

For the year.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

I'm so stuck on whether to get the Razer, Corsair or now Logitech. Think Razer is still winning because of the switches.

Razer is winnning because of there switches....  You mean the ones made in china that they charge more  for , sure

CPU: i5 4670k GPU: GTX 770 Mobo: Z87-UD3H RAM: 8Gb Ripjaws Case: Corsair 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

I hope they make a good looking mechanical keyboard, if I'm going to upgrade to mechanical I need something as good looking as my sidewinder X6 at least. those corsair RGB keyboards just kinda look like shit to my taste.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

Since this is Logitech I trust them to not fuck this up more than I trust Razer. That being said, Cherry fucked themselves with the RGB exclusivity deal with Corsair.

Yeah It appears Logitech May be designing their own Mechanical Switches, I've never seen key caps like this

hmm...I have mixed feelings about this, seeing as it's logitech, I somewhat trust them to design an actually good mechanical switch (as opposed to razer) but then there is a possibility for them to screw it up.

The picture failed to load the first time so I didn't see it and wasn't sure what you were talking about. I watched the trailer and was referring to the actual keycap surface, not the underside :P

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

since buying my g502 i would certainly continue with logitech.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

G710 is still working, but this is tempting.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

Razer is winnning because of there switches....  You mean the ones made in china that they charge more  for , sure

Not sure about you but they have a longer life span and they keyboard cost the same amount as the Corsair one. Sure.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Not really sure how I feel about those fingerprint-design things on the arrow/WASD and other keys.

Definitely interested, though. My current G110 (I know, not mechanical...) has lasted me for quite a while, but I've been pretty interested in these new RGB keyboards lately.