Witcher 3 Dev promises only 30fps on consoles

MEC-777

Oh look, yet further proof of console's giant pile of shit status

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

They're not weak sauce. they're just pushing a stupid ton of AA.

It's not a stupid ton of AA, standing at a Wii U stand I wonder why they didn't reduce shaders to push more AA since it looks really jaggy.

Also they are fairly decent with 8x1.8 Ghz CPU core that Turbo Boost decently.

And the 1.84 Gigahertz GPU ain't too shabby , Just it really would perform so much better with HSA so all the GPU instructions don't need to be push from the CPU

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

The Witcher series are a beast to run. The game really puts a strain on my system. Considering this game will be an Open World bonanza with the beautiful graphics the Witcher has shown us before, i'll be amazed if they can run 30 fps on lowest possible settings.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

This pleases GabeN

216589.jpg

So nice to see the dirty filth covered peasants getting what they deserve.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Brilliant marketing move, giving people what they want.

PC gamers: ha, look at consoles and their pathetic 30fps.

console gamers: ha, look at PC's and their excessive 60+fps. 

It's not a stupid ton of AA, standing at a Wii U stand I wonder why they didn't reduce shaders to push more AA since it looks really jaggy.

Also they are fairly decent with 8x1.8 Ghz CPU core that Turbo Boost decently.

And the 1.84 Gigahertz GPU ain't too shabby , Just it really would perform so much better with HSA so all the GPU instructions don't need to be push from the CPU

The 8 Jaguar cores run at 1.6GHz in the PS4 and 1.75GHz in the Xbox One. Those are the base clocks, so they may run higher under certain conditions, but to what frequency, I don't know. 

The GPU in the PS4 runs at 800mhz and has 1152 shaders. The Xbox One GPU has 768 shaders and runs at 853mhz. Both GPU's are based on the same GCN architecture. Because the PS4 uses 8GB GDDR5 RAM at 5500mhz, it actually has pretty respectable performance for it's price point. The Xbox, on the other hand, is pretty weak because of the much slower DDR3 RAM and cut-down GPU. 

But again, (this is not directed at you, @Kingofpants), my beef with the Xbox One and PS4 is not with the hardware. Just look at the Wii U. It's specs are even weaker, yet there are quite a few really cool, fun games (IMO) being released for it this year and next. Game consoles should be all about the games, not the hardware. Just my two cents... 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

That's why I love my PC since I prefer true 1080p at a buttery smooth 60 fps since 30 fps looks disgusting.