Kingston HyperX Cloud headset issues

thepiginboots

Hi there, I need some help. I bought the HyperX Cloud headset to replace my Steel series 5Hv3 headset. I plugged the new headset into my pc just the same as my old headset but when I jumped on Skype to play some games with my friends they could hear all of my game sounds through the mic, I then tried editing my settings and tried them on different computers and also in the crappy usb sound card I got to fix the static on my Modmic and still the same issue so I returned them to Amazon thinking they were faulty and got a replacement but the replacement also has the same issue. Is it possible that my mother board is incapable of powering them? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H

@thepiginboots welcome to the forum! Remember to follow the topics you post!

Try opening skype, go to options and audio configuration and make sure that under the "microphone" option you have selected the right input and not windows sounds in general.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It's the microphone that is picking alot of background noise, including the audio from the game (leaking from the headphones). Make sure the ear cups are making a tight seal around your ears and head, and if you have boosted your mic noise, take the boost away, that helped me.

Edit: Oh and turn on all background noise cancelling things in the Realtek audio drivers if you got that.

Edited by GeekySole9354

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

Hello and thanks for the welcome :). yeah I did that it was using the right input but thank you for the suggestion and it did not hurt to double check

Thanks Geeky I will double check that I do not have the mic boosted right now. They seal very well to my head and it even happens when I turn the volume so low I can barely hear it that's why I wasn't sure if it was a motherboard issue due to these being a bit higher ohms than my 5hv3 

It's an internal wiring fault common in headsets. Send it off for warranty replacement

yes I thought this Shaoty but I already sent it off for replacement once so am starting to think that its something else thats the issue. I just checked and i have no mic boost so that cant be the issue

Just to make sure, have you tried using the audio ports on the back of the computer. They are located on the rear io.

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

Yes I have they were the first port I tried

Also, when using a different headset, do you encounter the same problem? If not, RMA it or return it back to the store for a replacement(depending on the replacement policy.).

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

• 5 months later...

It might be a little late but I got the headset recently and came across the same issue, was wondering if you actually found a solution. At the moment I narrowed down my issue to the square bit that controls the mute and volume functionality. if I plug it into my computer without that there is no cross talk.