Looking For an ITX Case

Go to solution Solved by CM Norumu,

Cooler Master 110, sadly the graphics card (EVGA 660 SC) does not fit.

Step up to the Elite 130, then? Very similar, main difference is that it's longer, notably to fit larger GPUs.

I am not a frequent forum user but I need a bit of help with this one, I am currently building a mini system for school, using old parts from my main system. Currently have almost everything sorted out now except the case. The original case I wanted to go with was the Cooler Master 110, sadly the graphics card (EVGA 660 SC) does not fit. Next I was looking at Silverstone’s SUGO-SG05 Lite case but it uses an SFX PSU and I only have an ATX PSU on hand. So I seem to be at a dead end if anyone can give me suggestions that would be fantastic.

Case requirements:
Fit an EVGA 660 SC

Uses ATX PSU

As Compact of a case as possible

What will be in my build:

Gigabyte GAZ77N-WIFI

8 Gb Corsair DDR3 XMS RAM

Intel I5 2400

stock cooler? - depending on cash

Corsair CX500

120 gb or 240 ssd? - depending on cash & what is on sale

2 Tb HDD

You want the D*

*Corsair 250D

250d from corsair

Prodigy, Phenom, and Collosus micro are all pretty good (basically the same case that looks different)

There is the silverstone raven rvz01 which is much like a console

These should all fit pretty long graphics cards.

It's a toaster!

It's a printer!

Its a Node 304!

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

OP wants to use an ATX PSU though. CANT YOU READ OMG

jk m8 it's okay

You want the D*

*Corsair 250D

A very nice case but too big to fit into a backpack ( unless i got a new back pack :P)

250d from corsair

Prodigy, Phenom, and Collosus micro are all pretty good (basically the same case that looks different)

250 d ^

Prodogy and collosus micro are also larger cases

The phenom is a case that I am currently looking at, its quite nice actually but i need to check sizing.

The silverstone raven rz01 is actually the size that I was looking for. Depending if I can find a good price I might purchase it. The only downside to it is the sfx psu.

It's a toaster!

It's a printer!

Its a Node 304!

The Node 304 is a contender but the price is higher then I would like the size of the case is in the range of what i am looking for.

A very nice case but too big to fit into a backpack ( unless i got a new back pack :P)

250 d ^

Prodogy and collosus micro are also larger cases

The phenom is a case that I am currently looking at, its quite nice actually but i need to check sizing.

The silverstone raven rz01 is actually the size that I was looking for. Depending if I can find a good price I might purchase it. The only downside to it is the sfx psu.

The Node 304 is a contender but the price is higher then I would like the size of the case is in the range of what i am looking for.

SFX psu is not a downside. 

Check out silverstone's 450W ST45SF-G.

it is a gold rated modular psu that can handle a 670 let alone a 660.

Linus even did a 670 build with that PSU and he OCd the CPU.

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

SFX psu is not a downside. 

Check out silverstone's 450W ST45SF-G.

it is a gold rated modular psu that can handle a 670 let alone a 660.

Linus even did a 670 build with that PSU and he OCd the CPU.

Sorry, I worded that poorly. I have no problems with SFX PSU s but I just would like to recycle my old 500 watt psu instead of letting it collecting dust or be used as a weird door stop. I am trying to save money on parts that I already own as well so I can spend a bit more on a quality heat sink or a larger HDD or SSD.

It’s an option but I rather not due to money constraints :)

Fractal Design Node 304

Cooler Master Elite 130

Lian Li PC-TU200

NCASE M1 (crowd funded case currently taking pre orders on their website http://www.ncases.com/v2/m1.php)

Evga Hadron Air (Has a built in PSU but a very compact case)

Step up to the Elite 130, then? Very similar, main difference is that it's longer, notably to fit larger GPUs.

Or Elite 120 advanced fits a large GPU

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Fractal Design Node 304

Cooler Master Elite 130

Lian Li PC-TU200

NCASE M1 (crowd funded case currently taking pre orders on their website http://www.ncases.com/v2/m1.php)

Evga Hadron Air (Has a built in PSU but a very compact case)

Fractal Design Node 304

Cooler Master Elite 130

I have been thinking about these cases they are both nice and compact and the cost is greate

lian li pc-tuc200

NCase M1

evga hadron air

cost way too much for me but if i had money i think i would look into that NCASE M1

Or Elite 120 advanced fits a large GPU

They are both high on my priority list were the first 2 cases considered when i was not able to use the 110

I know it isn't exactly compact but I love my Corsair 380t. I would definitely recommend it to people, especially those who love to mod/paint. Wait for the release/reviews soon and see if you like this.

very nice looking case but i need to see more details about this case.

NDA is up soon, so it won't be long. Look up the build log on YouTube by Jeff from Corsair. If there is anything specific you want me to check, let me know.

After taking a look at the build video it seems the case is a little bulky (but I could be wrong) depending on the price it could be a contender!

If you can afford it, lian li PC-q36

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

After taking a look at the build video it seems the case is a little bulky (but I could be wrong) depending on the price it could be a contender!

Oh ya, it's definitely not a compact ITX case. It's meant to be a LAN PC mostly. Price is going to be $120-140 I think based on retailers and colors.

Thanks for the help I will be posting what case I chose in the weeks to come! Any other comments and or suggestions are still welcome.

Thanks for the help I will be posting what case I chose in the weeks to come! Any other comments and or suggestions are still welcome.

The one I said before or in win 901

So far i am loving my Bitfenix Prodigy, especially with the multi-color options. the handles on the top are extremely sturdy and make carrying my loaded computer up and down stairs or around my house a breeze compared to the Mid-towers I've had to move.

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights"

Cooler Master Elite 130

pawz down.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM