1080p playback from microSD?

MasonIsPurple

Hey guys. 
So I just got an Acer Switch 10 for school, which is a tablet/laptop hybrid thing with 64GB of internal storage. I saw that it has a mocroSD slot, and was wondering which brand or speed I would need for it to store my music, pictures, and some videos at 1080p. I know the screen isnt that high or a resolution, but my bank of .mp4's are all 1080p. 

Any ideas? Thanks!

I could be very wrong

I would recommend a Class 10 UHS card and they are very cheap as well. But how did you think full hd playback would be an issue when you can normally play hd games on sd cards :P

I didn't know you could play games! I'd been told that SD cards were slow garbage. Thanks!

I could be very wrong

Full disclosure, I work for Lexar. Our fastest micro sd card is about 95MB/s read and about 45MB/s write. Your mileage will very depending on file type. You can record 2.7K prores GoPro video to that little guy. It can handle full 1080P video no issue.

Edit: These are my own views and not representative of Lexar. Yay legal mumbo jumble.

I didn't know you could play games! I'd been told that SD cards were slow garbage. Thanks!

Games get loaded into RAM, then run from there.  Slow load times, but they'll work fine unless you run out of RAM.