Have any of you G502 users done LED mods?

Whypatch

I have a Steelseries Rival and I like it, but the handling marks make it look like I've had this mouse for years. I'm seriously considering the G502 but my rig is red and I don't think I can deal with the blue logo. Have any of you put new LED's in there and how hard was it?

There's also that blue part on the thumb rest.

Plastidip bro

The Logitech Gaming Software has the option of turning it off if you don't want to go to all the trouble of changing out the LEDs

The Logitech Gaming Software has the option of turning it off if you don't want to go to all the trouble of changing out the LEDs

.....and voiding the warranty while he's at it. :o

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

You could get the new G402, that will only have the blue led and no accents to it. That'll be much easier to modify, seeing as it's only one part, not several. Besides, if you plastidipped the blue part it would probably rub off considering it's position

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

• 1 month later...

You could get the new G402, that will only have the blue led and no accents to it. That'll be much easier to modify, seeing as it's only one part, not several. Besides, if you plastidipped the blue part it would probably rub off considering it's position

That blue plastic accent isn't a problem since you can just add dye to it.

but...LEDs look pretty

PS:@Whypatch if you know that you can change the LEDs for this mouse tell me, cause I wanna change them to either white or green to match my build

EDIT:

Is that the LED? Hope that the LED there is easy enough to desolder 

6OLtjal.jpg

"The best solution to a problem is usually the easiest one" - GLaDOS 2011

Specs here if needed: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/HVf6f7

Thanks, bai!

Does anybody know what type of LED is that so i can change it? I am planning to buy the mouse, but i really don't like the blue color. I tried the mouse for about an hour and i like the feel, but the only problem is that annoying blue color :\
I don't want it turned off. I want a different color(white) :)

• 4 weeks later...

This is an idea that i will likely try out. Just picked up a g502 for a nice cheap price.

If no one has given this a try yet, does anyone at least have any idea how much of a bell end these things are to crack open?

If the soldered on led is too tough to de-solder and replace it may be worth blacking that one out and just putting in a new led that is connected to the power input line.

I remember asking about this on overclock.net forums

the shell is easy to open - the screws are under the mouse feet

it's just the LED's look like a PITA. Don't forget about the side ones as well, which look even more of a PITA to change

thankfully the software really does let you completely turn them all off, and the DPI LED can stay off if you only use one DPI setting. The only time any LED's come on is when changing profiles - the dpi led lights up briefly to let me know it has changed profiles. I found that good enough to live with compared to the trouble

if you do end up doing it, do share though

They got their RGB keyboard coming out soon to catch up to Corsair and Razer, I expect we'll see an RGB mouse from them sooner or later as well.  For now, my MX Revolution still works beautifully even after 8 years :)

i7-5820k  |  MSI X99S SLI-Plus  |  4x4GB HyperX 2400 DDR4  |  Sapphire Radeon R9 295X2  |  Samsung 840 EVO 1TB x2  |  Corsair AX1200i  |  Corsair H100i  |  NZXT H440 Razer

if you wanted to do it a bit dodge, either colour it in with a coloured permanent marker or sticky tape a coloured piece of cellophane over it. problem solved, no soldering.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

I've made a tutorial about this hope it helps some guys out.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Change-led-color-on-the-Logitech-G502/

You are a legend. +1 Internets to you good sir!

I will certainly be using this when i mod my mouse along with my next case mod project, Also seems like you used orange leds. orange and black is the scheme i will be going for with this too.

if you wanted to do it a bit dodge, either colour it in with a coloured permanent marker or sticky tape a coloured piece of cellophane over it. problem solved, no soldering.

Yeah I was interested to see how this works, just got my g502 in the post yesterday and it looks like this would be worth a try certainly, the smoked plastic is a clear white, there is no blue tint on in.

Also thinking about a similar way to mod my corsair k70, the leds on it are currently red but I'm thinking if i take a yellow sharpie to the underside of the key-caps, i might be able to get a nice orange glow from the lettering on the keys.

• 1 month later...

Last time I checked, only the G402 has that option.

Last time I checked, only the G402 has that option.

Ok, never used the 402 so I'm not 100% sure of its capabilities.

• 3 months later...

Does anybody know what type of LED is that so i can change it? I am planning to buy the mouse, but i really don't like the blue color. I tried the mouse for about an hour and i like the feel, but the only problem is that annoying blue color :\

I don't want it turned off. I want a different color(white) :)

Found this, Hope it helps. These LEDs are the "0603 SMD" variety and you need about 5-10 I think. But because you need to pull the slippy pads of the bottom, you need to buy a replacement kit for a few more bucks. Good luck!

Found this, Hope it helps. These LEDs are the "0603 SMD" variety and you need about 5-10 I think. But because you need to pull the slippy pads of the bottom, you need to buy a replacement kit for a few more bucks. Good luck!

Sweet! Thanks man :)