Can i overclock it ?

I recently purchased a EVGA SC GTX 760 to start upgrading my rig which is

CPU: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz
MOBO: Gigabyte G41MT-S2PT 
RAM: 4 GB DDR3

GPU: EVGA SC GTX 760
PSU: Tt TR2 500W 

What i want to do is to overclock my cpu to at least 2.6 GHz to reduce the bottleneck on my GPU my question is can i overclock with this 500W PSU cause im not sure i fully understand how the Wattage and Voltage work here if someone can explain it to me would be great im just thinking that my PSU wont be able to output enough power for me to overclock my cpu

Thank you.

MAke sure you have an aftermarket cup cooler

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

your good

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

MAke sure you have an aftermarket cup cooler

oops

I recently purchased a EVGA SC GTX 760 to start upgrading my rig which is

CPU: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz

MOBO: Gigabyte G41MT-S2PT 

RAM: 4 GB DDR3

GPU: EVGA SC GTX 760

PSU: Tt TR2 500W 

What i want to do is to overclock my cpu to at least 2.6 GHz to reduce the bottleneck on my GPU my question is can i overclock with this 500W PSU cause im not sure i fully understand how the Wattage and Voltage work here if someone can explain it to me would be great im just thinking that my PSU wont be able to output enough power for me to overclock my cpu

Thank you.

you will be fine with that PSU of yours

although I not sure if the mobo can give you a good OC given the G41 chipset

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

After market cup holders are important while overclocking, you don't want to spill your drink.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

^^ lolz

:P

dsc03094.jpg

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

oops

you will be fine with that PSU of yours

although I not sure if the mobo can give you a good OC given the G41 chipset

could there be a problem cause of the G41 chipset or just not a very fast OC ??

could there be a problem cause of the G41 chipset or just not a very fast OC ??

you might be limited to the chipset OC capability

you can try if you can access all it OC functions

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same configuration, and I can't overclock the q8200 to be more then 2.49Ghz (only 160Mhz increase) by setting FSB to 357Mhz, the vCore to 1.30V and the PCI-E to 104Mhz - any more and the computer wont start...

maybe I'm doing something wrong?

What did you meen by "you can try if you can access all it OC functions"?

But I got my Memory (Corsai cmx4gx3m2a1600c7) to work @ 1333Mhz, so that's a start...

a23fa5343697257.jpg