How to Remove All Pre-Installed Windows 8 Metro Apps

OneGuy83

3 quick commands in the Command shell that I use every time i install / help someone setup with a Windows 8 machine

********PLEASE BE AWARE THAT USING THESE COMMAND CODES WILL REMOVE ALL INSTALLED METRO APPS*******

Launch the Windows Powershell with Administrator Privileges (hit the start button and type powershell, then right click on it and choose run as administrator)

Once you’re there, simply write down the following command to check out the list with the installed Metro/Modern apps in case you removed some of them from the Start Screen:

CODE
Get-AppxPackage –AllUsers

If you wish to remove all currently installed apps, type the following line and hit enter:

CODE
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage

The problem with some of the pre-installed apps is that they re-appear whenever you create a new user account. All these apps are marked as “Stage” after typing the first command and in case you wish to stop them from getting re-installed, here’s another command:

CODE
Get-AppXProvisionedPackage -online | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage –online

That’s it. Only three commands to get rid of useless Metro apps and free up some space. In case you’re looking into ways to re-install some of them, Microsoft has got you covered. Simply launch the Store and search for them, all apps are also available as separate downloads.

I got the information from the following article which took me a while to come across.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-to-Remove-All-Pre-Installed-Windows-8-Metro-Apps-328110.shtml

I was looking for a reason to install Windows 7 back might as well try this first ,windows still works :( cleaned around 600mb

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I was looking for a reason to install Windows 7 back might as well try this first ,windows still works :( cleaned around 600mb

using this to uninstall all those stupid apps and using the Right Click on the start menu to navigate has made Windows 8.1 work a lot better for me :)

using this to uninstall all those stupid apps and using the Right Click on the start menu to navigate has made Windows 8.1 work a lot better for me :)

I just use start 8 and disable all access to modern  UI

and pretend its not windows 8

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I personally love windows 8.1 (loath 8) and perfer the visuals over seven, I don't mind the search on 8.1 (again not 8). Useful tutorial wish i new this three installations earlier :P

CPU - i5 4670K || Motherboard - Asus Z87-C  || RAM - Crucial Ballistix Tactical Memory 8GB || GPU - ASUS GTX 970 Strix || Case - Corsair 330R || Storage - 1TB Seagate || PSU - Corsair CX750 || Displays - AOC 21.5 LED x2 || Cooling - Arctic F12 PWM (x2) Corsair 120+140mm || Keyboard - Corsair K70 MX Red || Mouse - Roccat Kova+ || Sound - Thermaltake TTe Shock Headset

Thanks man for this Tutorial, Windows 8 just got so much better for me 

• 3 weeks later...

Thank  you Stargaze!

btw, If you copy the code and then click on the screen it will paste the code for you.

With your help and Classic Sheel, all options, hide start menu on all corners it feels like windows 7 again!

"Who are you the King of Siam, you got to get the best one? Who cares? They’re all the same these machines. They’re all made from the same asian suffering." - Louie Season 3 Episode 10, GO WATCH IT NOW.