Computer won't get power when awaken from sleep, but I/O devices do

Raahim
Hi,

I am currently having an issue with my computer that I built about a month ago. Here are the specifications:

CPU: FX-6300

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-9900FXA-UD3

RAM: 4 GB

Video Card Gigabyte GTX 760

Storage: HDD from Seagate

The Issue:

The issue I am having a bit weird. If my computer goes to sleep and I wake it by pressing a key on my keyboard, the keyboard's numpad light does go on, but no case fan or CPU fan, nor the case power LEDs. However the keyboard and mouse are getting power. Then I try to shut my PC down by holding the power button, but nothing happens. I try the reset switch and no luck. Then I shut the power off from the back of the power supply and turn it back on, then my PC works fine. However, when I turn on my PC, my main BIOS is corrupted and recovered by the recovery BIOS.

This is not the first time I had this issue, it also happened about a day or two ago. 

I am really worried about this issue and really hope someone can help me with it.

Thank you.

-Raahim

If your BIOS is reporting issues, perhaps it's time for a flash, yes?

-snip-

Maybe it is.

But I didn't know it was the BIOS.

Just a question regarding flashing the BIOS, does the rev. matter? I am not sure what rev. my motherboard is, so can I try any rev.? 

Thanks for your help!

Just so you get a notifications :)

Maybe it is.

But I didn't know it was the BIOS.

Just a question regarding flashing the BIOS, does the rev. matter? I am not sure what rev. my motherboard is, so can I try any rev.? 

Thanks for your help!

Yes, revision matters. Pick up the latest bios for your revision and shove it on a usb stick. Look up instructions on how to do it without bricking your system.

How do I know what rev. it is? It doesn't say anywhere on my motherboard's box.

I used CPU-Z and here is what I got. Can you please tell me which rev. it is? Note it says rev. 2 and 4. I am sort of confused.

http://i.imgur.com/d16JyiM.png

Thank you very much; I really appreciate your help!

Yes, revision matters. Pick up the latest bios for your revision and shove it on a usb stick. Look up instructions on how to do it without bricking your system.

How do I know what rev. it is? It doesn't say anywhere on my motherboard's box.

I used CPU-Z and here is what I got. Can you please tell me which rev. it is? Note it says rev. 2 and 4. I am sort of confused.

http://i.imgur.com/d16JyiM.png

Thank you very much; I really appreciate your help!

I have no idea dude, you might have to dig around your bios to check which version it is. 

Where did you buy it from? Do you have a product page?

Installing the wrong bios might brick your motherboard, so let's find out the version number before doing anything.

I am stuck mate; it doesn't say anywhere on their product page, nor on the receipt. 

What would you suggest me next? lol

I also heard it should say on the motherboard itself, but it is on the top left and so I would have to remove my giant cooler which I really do not want to do. 

I don't know.

Chances are that it is the latest revision, but if we're wrong you may brick your motherboard. Meaning that you'll have to send an RMA request and ship it to one of their repair facilities to replace the dead bios chip.

I would simply try to find another way.

However, i'd keep digging around the bios for a model number or a bios version and dates of any kind.

Find out the BIOS version, if it's a version that can only be applied on one revision and it has an unique number, that'll narrow it down to the right motherboard.

I don't know.

Chances are that it is the latest revision, but if we're wrong you may brick your motherboard. Meaning that you'll have to send an RMA request and ship it to one of their repair facilities to replace the dead bios chip.

I would simply try to find another way.

However, i'd keep digging around the bios for a model number or a bios version and dates of any kind.

Find out the BIOS version, if it's a version that can only be applied on one revision and it has an unique number, that'll narrow it down to the right motherboard.

Hey,

I found out my rev.. I actually did what you told me. My BIOS date matches with the rev. 4 BIOS update and doesn't match with any other rev.. Also my BIOS is fully up to date, in this case F2.

I guess it is not the BIOS then. What do you think is causing this issue? Should I install a fresh copy of windows?

Thanks for all of your time :)!

Hey,

I found out my rev.. I actually did what you told me. My BIOS date matches with the rev. 4 BIOS update and doesn't match with any other rev.. Also my BIOS is fully up to date, in this case F2.

I guess it is not the BIOS then. What do you think is causing this issue? Should I install a fresh copy of windows?

Thanks for all of your time :)!

A fresh install "might" fix all your issues, but i'm assuming this is some kind of driver error.

So yeah, if you have nothing to lose. Go ahead with a fresh install.