Washing machine fills VERY slowly during rinse cycle?

mkessler9

Ok, so I'm pretty sure my washing machine hasn't always done this. But during the rinse cycle where it fills back up with cold water it takes a VERY long time, and the water going into the cylinder is about to a trickle. It only does this during the rinse cycle as the first time it fills with cold water there is a ton and it only takes about 5-7mins to fill up on the first cycle, but when it goes to fill up the 2nd time it takes more then 20-30mins to fill. This seems to be a big waste of time if it can achieve this in a lot smaller amount of time. Now I have read some articles saying it could be the inlet filter has clogged up. But this wouldn't make any since as it works fine when filling on the first cycle. Is this a sign of age of my washing machine? What do you think? Please provide your input.  

Thanks. 

Note: This is a traditional top loading washing machine, so it does use a considerable amount more of water. 

Another note: I know this probably isn't the best forum to ask this on, but since the website gets a lot of traffic I figured someone here would know the answer.

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

I was really hoping this would be under the water cooling section.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

It would hurt checking the filter.

Maybe it just needs to be cleaned like a coffee machine. 

Do you get your water from,a water tank? It might be that the water pressure is too low to fill the machine as fast the second time. 

This could also be caused by the pump.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

It would hurt checking the filter.

Maybe it just needs to be cleaned like a coffee machine. 

Do you get your water from,a water tank? It might be that the water pressure is to low to fill the machine as fast the second time. 

This could also be caused by the pump.

I do get water from a well, but the water pressure never goes below 40psi even when its about to turn on to fill up again. So that can be ruled out. And I have checked the sinks around the house to make sure there's plenty of pressure when this does happen and there always is plenty so...

How old is it? is the pump OK?

And this---\/

Not sure how old it is, but the pump should be fine as I said it does fill like it should during the first cycle

Call Company guy for service.

I wouldn't do that as it is a pretty old Machine and the warranty is way passed. So its pointless as the next step would just be getting a new machine.

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

Well... "pressure of water" isn't technically correct... anyway, how consistent is the water in the tubing? (I mean if there aren't any air bubbles or something like that)

There's never any air in the tubing if that's what you mean?

There's never any air in the tubing if that's what you mean?

Is the shutoff valve open all the way?

If you're using hot, that's normal to fill slower than cold... but since you're using cold... I don't know.... try using hot or warm for the rinse and see if its the same?

My first guess would be, if its filling with cold fast during the wash and slow during the rinse consistently, it's a feature of the washer. My washer isn't overly sophisticated, there is no way it could slow the fill unless it was designed to do so. But that's mine.

I always guarantee that no more than 50% of what I say is useful.

Is the shutoff valve open all the way?

If you're using hot, that's normal to fill slower than cold... but since you're using cold... I don't know.... try using hot or warm for the rinse and see if its the same?

My first guess would be, if its filling with cold fast during the wash and slow during the rinse consistently, it's a feature of the washer. My washer isn't overly sophisticated, there is no way it could slow the fill unless it was designed to do so. But that's mine.

Yes its open all the way. I know it hasn't done this in the past(at least not as slow as its doing it now) And I can't imagine it being a feature as its a pretty old washing machine to.

Yes its open all the way. I know it hasn't done this in the past(at least not as slow as its doing it now) And I can't imagine it being a feature as its a pretty old washing machine to.

Maybe this will help? Even though it's not exactly your problem.

I always guarantee that no more than 50% of what I say is useful.