Issues with Wireless card?

Hello all,

I'm having some issues with a wireless card.

I recently built a computer for my girlfriend, and put a TP-Link N300 wireless card in it, (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0079XWMEI/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

The internet is troubling at best. Every little bit, I'll get just enough connection to go on the internet for a few seconds - a minute, then it's gone again.

I updated the drivers, rebooted the computer, and haven't figured out what's wrong.

Stats from the computer:

Duration (up time): 11 minutes

Signal Quality: 4/5 bars

Packets sent: 24,890,124

Packets Received: 72,194,885

I ran a speed test when it was working for a minute, and got 14ms ping, 30 down, 11 up.

Please help

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Well that's WIFI for ya...

All jokes aside - does she live in an apartment or a house?

Most of the time the issue could be interference from other devices or common applications like your microwave

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Well that's WIFI for ya...

All jokes aside - does she live in an apartment or a house?

Most of the time the issue could be interference from other devices or common applications like your microwave

She lives in a house.

My phone has no issues connecting sitting next to it, neither does a tablet, or her previous desktop. 

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

She lives in a house.

My phone has no issues connecting sitting next to it, neither does a tablet, or her previous desktop. 

Have you possibly tried any other wireless cards and seen if that works? (Maybe her previous one?)

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Have you possibly tried any other wireless cards and seen if that works? (Maybe her previous one?)

Her previous one is an all-in-one computer.

Can't nab it's card...

No I haven't tried a different one.

Would the wireless card be the issue? Since her old computer worked fine?

Would the wireless card be the issue? Since her old computer worked fine?

Very well could be, however that's hard to test since there is really nothing else to compare it to.

This may be a shot in the dark but have you tried moving the card around PCI slots?

Hope I could help!

Very well could be, however that's hard to test since there is really nothing else to compare it to.

This may be a shot in the dark but have you tried moving the card around PCI slots?

Yes, no luck.

I'm going to return the card, and get a different one. I'll return here with results (in about 2-3 days.)

Yes, no luck.

I'm going to return the card, and get a different one. I'll return here with results (in about 2-3 days.)

Okay great! Hope to hear from you soon!

Hope I could help!

@Tmh85

I got a USB wireless thingy...

Same issues started up after a few hours.