T-Mobile announces ‘Test Drive,’ offers free iPhone 5s for week-long network trial

Ryou-kun

T-Mobile Master Race

This is a pretty cool idea, I wonder if they can let existing T-Mobile customers try the phone...?

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I agree. If T-Mobile allows the existing and loyal customers to try out new phones for a weekend, then it is the coolest thing ever! :D

Cool offer, wonder what the catch is. Have to return the phone afterwards if you don't like the service?

Happy here with my DNA and T-Mobile :wub:  though!

Cool offer, wonder what the catch is. Have to return the phone afterwards if you don't like the service?

Happy here with my DNA and T-Mobile :wub:  though!

It's one test drive per household, per address, per card, every year. You have to give the phone back after the test drive, I mean, they aren't gonna let you keep it :P Although if you want to stick with the plan you'll have to buy the phone as per t mobiles business model. I think the bigger story is that tmobile is allowing music to be streamed without it affecting your data limits.

I still wouldn't take the iPhone even if it was free

Me either, but it is a great way to lure new customers to test out T-Mobile's plan while other carriers doesn't do it.

I still wouldn't take the iPhone even if it was free

Pretty much this. I'm not being snarky in the slightest it's just that I really wouldn't know what to do with it. I'd feel extremely limited and having to put iTunes back on my computer... No thanks.

Thinking about doing it for the lulz though...

Friends: "Hey DLM_012 you got a new phone?!?! Let me see!"

ME: "Not mine, borrowing it."

Friends: "Uwotm8"

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)