[User Script] LTT Original Poster Highlighter & Dark Theme Improver

The script in this thread no longer works. Use

for the up to date version of the script, and more.

NOTE: THIS IS UNOFFICIAL
I have put together a small user script that will highlight the OP of a thread with [Original Poster] next to their username to make those long threads a bit easier to read. You can download it here: https://monkeyguts.com/code.php?id=212 and you will need Greasemonkey (Firefox), Tampermonkey (Chrome), or if you're using Opera or Safari you can see the extensions here. IE does not support user scripts, so use a real web browser.
Screenshots:

Night theme:
UUAFwLk.png
Day theme:
FT1p7ss.png
IP.Board theme:
GpHUfcK.png

Please submit any issues you encounter while using this in this thread, and remember that it is possible that it could cause unforseen issues with the forum, so disable it before reporting and forum bugs to the staff.
If you have any suggestions about how I should improve it, I will be happy to implement them.

I also have a dark theme fixer, which replaces dark text with white text in the forum. You can download it here: https://monkeyguts.com/code.php?id=223 Please note that it's in beta and very basic at the moment. It probably has bugs too. USE WITH CAUTION.

HTTP/2 203

Just a reminder that if you encounter any bugs or issues, or have any suggestions, let me know! (Not that there's a lot of room for updates in an addon like this I guess, but still)

HTTP/2 203

Nice!

Now all we need is something that removes all but OP's and one's

own posts in a thread. ;)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Nice!

Now all we need is something that removes all but OP's and one's

own posts in a thread. ;)

I have thought about it, but without crawling the thread (which takes time and network resources) it's not really feasible (you don't want a page with 1 or 0 posts on it). However, I am planning to have a notification filter of some form in the LTT Notifier for Firefox at some point, although I don't know when that could land, if ever. But over the summer I can hopefully have some more useful scripts.

HTTP/2 203

I have thought about it, but without crawling the thread (which takes time and network resources) it's not really feasible (you don't want a page with 1 or 0 posts on it). However, I am planning to have a notification filter of some form in the LTT Notifier for Firefox at some point, although I don't know when that could land, if ever. But over the summer I can hopefully have some more useful scripts.

Yeah, I know, had the same thought (about crawling the thread). And as you

say, with long threads, that could become a bit of an issue.

Looking forward to your work then. :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Just a reminder that if you encounter any bugs or issues, or have any suggestions, let me know! (Not that there's a lot of room for updates in an addon like this I guess, but still)

instead of having [Original Poster] could you have an option to make it just say [OP] instead? Or have it bold/change color of the OPs name

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

instead of having [Original Poster] could you have an option to make it just say [OP] instead? Or have it bold/change color of the OPs name

I guess I could, but if you want to change it now, you can edit the user script (on Firefox you press Ctrl+Alt+A -> click User Scripts -> LTT OP Highlighter 1.0.0 -> click Options -> Edit this User Script or on Chrome you can click the TamperMonkey button -> Click LTT OP Highlighter 1.0.0) and change the string in line 17. However, I don't want to have options in the script, at least at this stage, because it ends up needing more code and a user interface. I will consider it though - perhaps in a month or so when I have more spare time?

HTTP/2 203

I guess I could, but if you want to change it now, you can edit the user script (on Firefox you press Ctrl+Alt+A -> click User Scripts -> LTT OP Highlighter 1.0.0 -> click Options -> Edit this User Script or on Chrome you can click the TamperMonkey button -> Click LTT OP Highlighter 1.0.0) and change the string in line 17. However, I don't want to have options in the script, at least at this stage, because it ends up needing more code and a user interface. I will consider it though - perhaps in a month or so when I have more spare time?

didn't think it was that easy lol thanks

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

didn't think it was that easy lol thanks

I've actually decided that I might as well do some options. Don't know when I'll be able to release it, but yeah. Coming soon™

HTTP/2 203

I have now added a dark theme fixer, which will change dark text to white. You can download it from https://monkeyguts.com/code.php?id=223 but please note that it's in beta and there are probably some issues, and it's very basic. USE WITH CAUTION.

You sir, are awesome!

Dark theme fixer v0.2 released which adds changing light backgrounds back to dark too. It will automatically update eventually, or you can force it to update in Firefox by pressint Ctrl+Alt+A -> Clicking User Scripts -> Right click LTT Dark Theme Fixer 0.1.1 -> Find Updates or Chrome by clicking the Tampermonkey icon -> check for script updates

HTTP/2 203

Dark theme fixer v0.2.1 released which adds blog support as well as the forums. See above for update details.

HTTP/2 203

@colonel_mortis I modded the script a little bit for personal preference, is that alright with you. 

@colonel_mortis I modded the script a little bit for personal preference, is that alright with you. 

Sure! If you think other people might be interested too, you can send the revised code back and I can add it to the script (don't feel you have to though).

HTTP/2 203

Sure! If you think other people might be interested too, you can send the revised code back and I can add it to the script (don't feel you have to though).

I might later on, I just simply changed the colour, the font, and the padding. (I only worked on it for like 60 seconds lol) 

I might later on, I just simply changed the colour, the font, and the padding. (I only worked on it for like 60 seconds lol) 

Well I am trying to get it to work so that in the next version you can change the colour anyway :D I will probably just leave the font on IP.Board default, and I'm interested as to what you did to the padding. I didn't spend much longer on that styling myself btw. ;)

HTTP/2 203

Well I am trying to get it to work so that in the next version you can change the colour anyway :D I will probably just leave the font on IP.Board default, and I'm interested as to what you did to the padding. I didn't spend much longer on that styling myself btw. ;)

I just did

"padding-right: 25px;"+
    "float: right;"+

and got rid of 
 "margin-left: 2px;"+ (or what ever default margin-left was)

nothing real special, just a personal preference thing. 

I just did

"padding-right: 25px;"+
    "float: right;"+

and got rid of 
 "margin-left: 2px;"+ (or what ever default margin-left was)

nothing real special, just a personal preference thing. 

Interesting... but I think I'll leave it as it is. Not that I have anything against what you've done.

When the script updates, I presume it will just overwrite your changes so if you like them I would suggest you back them up. No immediate updates though,

HTTP/2 203

When the script updates, I presume it will just overwrite your changes so if you like them I would suggest you back them up. No immediate updates though,

Okay, thanks for the heads up. 

Dark theme fixer v0.2 released which adds changing light backgrounds back to dark too. It will automatically update eventually, or you can force it to update in Firefox by pressint Ctrl+Alt+A -> Clicking User Scripts -> Right click LTT Dark Theme Fixer 0.1.1 -> Find Updates or Chrome by clicking the Tampermonkey icon -> check for script updates

All my yes. :D Thanks a lot man. This is great.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

What I will probably do is just CTRL+C CTRL+V all the code into a new script and just call it LTT OP HIGHLIGHTER - Snapy1 EDIT or something like that.