The Silverstone ML07 is out! Watercooling?!

Hello Everyone,

Long time lurker and data leech here. I am very excited about the ML07 and I want to watercool it. According to the documentation and Linus' review of the RVZ01 Silverstone has made allowances for custom watercooling with a 240mm rad but you'll be limited to a single slot graphics card. Who wants that?!

My question is whether a

paired with a Corsair H75 or similar (not overclocking) with the rad placed on the forward most 120mm slot would work?

Linus, want to do a video on watercooling options for the ML07 and RVZ01? :D

I will be building this next month with or without liquid cooling so stay tuned.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS8900 Quiet CPU Cooler
CPU Cooler: Corsair H75 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus H87I-PLUS Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB ITX Video Card
Case: Silverstone ML07B HTPC Case
Power Supply: Silverstone Strider Gold 450W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply
Optical Drive: EVGA 100-OD-S101-BR DVD/CD Writer
Total: $1008.81

This is just a rebrand of the RVZ01 which I own.

I can fit the H75 on the 120mm above the cpu, but the pump was real loud due to the bent tubes.

There is enough room for the watercooler in one of the front gpu fan slots if your gpu does not go past the first 120mm fan spot.

This is just a rebrand of the RVZ01 which I own.

I can fit the H75 on the 120mm above the cpu, but the pump was real loud due to the bent tubes.

There is enough room for the watercooler in one of the front gpu fan slots if your gpu does not go past the first 120mm fan spot.

That is the reason for my question.

I don't want the rad above the CPU because of tube management and I don't want the expense of a DIY system.

The MSI ITX GPU's form factor may allow for a thick rad placed in the forward GPU fan slot while allowing for full sized GPU performance.

I really dont understand why like no one on the forum uses one of these for water cooling its so much cleaner imo u only see the tubing in your build.

http://koolance.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=150_28

Probably because of the expense, but they look like good units.

Besides that they are totally unsuitable for the ML07/RVZ01.

A liquid cooler is pointless, you cant overclock so there is no need for it.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

A liquid cooler is pointless, you cant overclock so there is no need for it.

You are correct but I may updrade to a 4670k with some light overclocking in the future hence the desire to know if my water cooling idea would work.

I want to know if it is possible not whether or not it is practical.

You are correct but I may updrade to a 4670k with some light overclocking in the future hence the desire to know if my water cooling idea would work.

Still with that case you will struggle big time, its very possible but just not worth the hassle, i had a customer a while back which wanted me to put a h60 in a  alienware x51, that was one if not  the hardest build ive ever had to do.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Why bother going all through the hassle of getting a good cooling unit in a cramped case when you know that case is bound to limit the cooling potential and oc capabilities..Also upgrading from an i5 4570 to 4670k is not much of an upgrade if you aren't going to oc it at least 4.2ghz and above imo. Also I noticed you are getting a H87 motherboard so pairing it with a K Series cpu is kinda pointless. Might be better off getting just a Xeon E3 1230/1240 V2 and enjoy the extra 'cores' for snappier multitasking

• 1 month later...

I bet if you got a noctua lh9i and put a fan right above it as intake you could get to 4.2 no need for water cooling. If you really want to water cool you could go through the headache of shortening tubes on one of the asetek units