FurioVelocious' Gaming Desktop Miniaturization Project

gjrud

This morning I was browsing r/buildapc when I found something pretty interesting: The user named FurioVelocious decided to make a list for a pretty standard gaming dekstop and then converted each part to its notebook equivalent.

The notebook as been built using many refurbished parts he had available at the PC Repair shop he works at, this is how he explains some of the decisions he made with the build (20GB RAM :D).

With so many of the users here interested in custom builds and out of the ordinary projects I thought this would have been an interesting read.

Originally I considered posting this in the section "build logs", but I opted for "general discussion" instead because I have no merit other than finding it and I didn't want to get any mistakenly assigned merit for this pearl.

If the moderators think there is a better section for this post feel free to move it where it belongs :D

Enjoy!

This is a nice find!

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

This is actually pretty cool. I don't do much redditing but I actually did this time :)

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

This is actually pretty cool. I don't do much redditing but I actually did this time :)

Yeah, I usually lurk that particular subreddit to see completed rigs and I must say that I was really, really impressed by this one in particular :D

• 4 weeks later...

Or could have got an ITX board and case and worked from there :P

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?