What movie is this?

Sena

Hey guys! I remember watching this one kid-ish movie a couple years ago and now I forgot the name. All I could recall was it had to do with a boy (Asian) and a gourd? This goard or whatever it was supposedly magical and I think he granted the boy wishes. I remember this one scene where they were at the pond and the gourd did some weird gravity manipulation that brought the fishes out of the pond and into the air. I really want to watch it again so please help me! 

It sounds like the best Acid trip ever.

Sorry, don't know. Simple question: Was it animated? You didn't mention that. Might help someone else tell you what it was.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Hey guys! I remember watching this one kid-ish movie a couple years ago and now I forgot the name. All I could recall was it had to do with a boy (Asian) and a gourd? This goard or whatever it was supposedly magical and I think he granted the boy wishes. I remember this one scene where they were at the pond and the gourd did some weird gravity manipulation that brought the fishes out of the pond and into the air. I really want to watch it again so please help me!

The Adventures of Linus and Luke :P

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

It sounds like the best Acid trip ever.

Sorry, don't know. Simple question: Was it animated? You didn't mention that. Might help someone else tell you what it was.

I movie was definitely not but I guess the gourd was. 

I movie was definitely not but I guess the gourd was. 

What is a gourd?

There's a Disney film called "The Secret of the Magic Gourd" that does have this weird fish and gravity scene. Yes, I googled "gourd kid movie". Anyway, before any images come up, I want to say that I have a phobia of fish and will now be leaving this thread, whether or not this film is the right film... forever.

the-secret-of-the-magic-gourd.jpg

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Ponyo? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponyo (probably it is wrong but worth a guess :D).

EDIT: Didn't keep the gourd in my mind when I searched it up but fishes reminded me of this movie.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

There's a Disney film called "The Secret of the Magic Gourd" that does have this weird fish and gravity scene. Yes, I googled "gourd kid movie". Anyway, before any images come up, I want to say that I have a phobia of fish and will now be leaving this thread, whether or not this film is the right film... forever.

the-secret-of-the-magic-gourd.jpg

This is it!!! Thank you so much!

This is it!!! Thank you so much!

Well, I don't think any other movie in existence as of right now would involve a magical gourd helping some kid. Ugh... curiosity almost killed me and gave me nightmares. Away, I shall go!

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |