What makes a bigger difference in sound quality?

orangecat

Speaking of speakers, found this article the other day, and it's amazing and hilarious at the same time:

Just a little fun fact for morning smiles :)

Yea i heard about that pig intestine thing thats pretty nasty I woudl rather have just had a normal cone driver instead.

Yea i heard about that pig intestine thing thats pretty nasty I woudl rather have just had a normal cone driver instead.

The pig intestine speaker was actually the 'ancestor' of the electrostatic speaker/driver. Stax headphones use this kind of driver. It's supposed to be really good, but very power hungry. At least that's what I heard.

The pig intestine speaker was actually the 'ancestor' of the electrostatic speaker/driver. Stax headphones use this kind of driver. It's supposed to be really good, but very power hungry. At least that's what I heard.

Personally I'm sold on electrostatic loudspeakers if i could find a descent pair for a good price i would buy in a heartbeat.

If I had to choose, bitdepth would probably be the more important one.  But unless studios stop trying to max everything out and be as loud as possible, it's not gonna matter.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh