Win7: spaning an image across 2 screens correctly

AndersT2

I have a little problem that I can't seem to find a solution for.

I have two monitors running and want to use one image that spans across both of them. (Windows 7)

I found a lot of different images in the correct resolution (5120x1440), and set them as tiled, and that they change every 15 minutes.

Then comes the problem. The images is get split in the middle and show on the wrong side.

It seams that the image always will start at the main screen (left side of image) nomather where the main screen is set.

I like to have my main screen, with startmenu and quicklinks on the right monitor, so the clock is down on the right side of the monitors, as it would be if I where running a single monitor.

If I put the main monitor to be the left one, it works perfectly, but I don't like it. The right monitor is naturally the one I focuses on, because of setup and angle on my desk.

I put two pictures of this, the one called "as is" is how it's today (upper image), and you can see that the middle of the bridge is on the ends, and the beginning is in the middle.

The other picture, marked (should be)(lower image) is how I want it to be (Bad mockup in paint :D ).

Is it any way this can be fixed without extra software?

I know there is a program that one can get, but it requires steam, and I don't want steam on this machine (only on my gaming machine).

There is also a program called displayfusion, but it seems a bit odd. I don't want two different bars where the start menu is.

post-6168-0-58599000-1398067889_thumb.jp

post-6168-0-09797000-1398067900.jpg

Sorry for the few off Capital letters in my posts, it does it on its own when I Write in English, since my OS is in another Language. It's annoying.

How many images do you rotate through?

The two ways I know both require software

1. buy displayfusion, throw all your images within a folder, map the folder within displayfusion as your image location, set time and hit done.
  2. use photoshop/gimp to manually edit each image to move the half to opposite sides, save the image, test, edit to correct for the 1 px off, and repeat for every image.

Edit:I went through my displayfusion settings, you can disable the start menu on all monitors and have it on your primary monitor only or on all your monitors. it is very versatile

I have a little problem that I can't seem to find a solution for.

I have two monitors running and want to use one image that spans across both of them. (Windows 7)

I found a lot of different images in the correct resolution (5120x1440), and set them as tiled, and that they change every 15 minutes.

Then comes the problem. The images is get split in the middle and show on the wrong side.

It seams that the image always will start at the main screen (left side of image) nomather where the main screen is set.

I like to have my main screen, with startmenu and quicklinks on the right monitor, so the clock is down on the right side of the monitors, as it would be if I where running a single monitor.

If I put the main monitor to be the left one, it works perfectly, but I don't like it. The right monitor is naturally the one I focuses on, because of setup and angle on my desk.

I put two pictures of this, the one called "as is" is how it's today (upper image), and you can see that the middle of the bridge is on the ends, and the beginning is in the middle.

The other picture, marked (should be)(lower image) is how I want it to be (Bad mockup in paint :D ).

Is it any way this can be fixed without extra software?

I know there is a program that one can get, but it requires steam, and I don't want steam on this machine (only on my gaming machine).

There is also a program called displayfusion, but it seems a bit odd. I don't want two different bars where the start menu is.

Edited by roberto++

Use the quote or multiquote, for faster responses \/ \/

How many images do you rotate through?

The two ways I know both require software

1. buy displayfusion, throw all your images within a folder, map the folder within displayfusion as your image location, set time and hit done.
  2. use photoshop/gimp to manually edit each image to move the half to opposite sides, save the image, test, edit to correct for the 1 px off, and repeat for every image.

What would be easier than your number two is to take a screenshot and set that to be one of the images cycled through.

:o That's the story bridge!

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I guess that could work too. I was one who did the Photoshop method...true story :(

What would be easier than your number two is to take a screenshot and set that to be one of the images cycled through.

Use the quote or multiquote, for faster responses \/ \/

you can do this in photoshop, just make a new canvas with the resolution of your monitors and set the image if your main screen on the left and the image for the screen on the left, set it to the right.

Dno if this makes sense but yeah i have done it and it works good 

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

The croping the images in 2, and reset them is to much work, since I would have to do it every time I add pictures.

Only have about 15 images or something like that now, but I add from time to time when I find new ones.

How is displayfusion compared to the normal Windows desktop experiance? Whats the good and bad points of it?

Sorry for the few off Capital letters in my posts, it does it on its own when I Write in English, since my OS is in another Language. It's annoying.

I am pretty sure this works in Windows but not 100%, but this is how I've done it in linux.

2 x 1080p monitors = 3840x108p

Create/find a image 3840x1080

set the the display mode to TILE or TILED (can't remember what window 7 calls it)

Viola, you know, hopefully, have a spanning wallpaper with no software required. :)

Panda689: That's what I have done, and it created the "problem" I'm need fix with this post

Panda689: That's what I have done, and it created the "problem" I'm need fix with this post

Then just flip each side of the image, the raw image will look weird but the desktop should be fine.

Try this http://imgur.com/a/2MKXO

PS. You have to quote or @ someone for it to actually notify them.

I know about the quote thing, but it doesn't always seem to work with IE11.

(Yes I use it, and don't care what others have to say about it, tried others, didn't work as I wanted them to, discussion ended :D  )