Should I buy new fans for my Fractal Design Define R4?

BigChimp97

Hi guys

I'm trying to decide whether its worth it if i buy some new fans for my PC I was going to get 2 SP120's as intakes at the front and a single AF140 to exhaust out the back; I know that people are going to be saying to get the Noctua's or the Gentle Typhoons but they are alot more money in the UK, and Corsair ones seemed to fit pretty well. So would it be worth the swap out? I'm also a little confused on which ones are the quiet edition for the AF140's, are they these or these? This is the PCPartPicker link where im getting the links to the website from: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/parts/case-fan/

Thanks again guys!

CPU Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VIII | GPU MSI GTX 970 | RAM 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz | Cooling Noctua NH-D15 | Storage 240GB Crucial M500; 2TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU EVGA 850w | Case Phatek Enthoo Pro M Acrylic

Neither, ones not Quiet Edition, ones LED Quiet Edition.

Those are fine i'll be doing the same thing :)

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

maybe get one to fill the second slot in the front, other than that, the ones in that case are their good fans from what i remember, only if you get Noctua ;)

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Unless you want the different look, wait to change them to something worthwhile.

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

Neither, ones not Quiet Edition, ones LED Quiet Edition.

Those are fine i'll be doing the same thing :)

So they're both quiet edition?

CPU Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VIII | GPU MSI GTX 970 | RAM 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz | Cooling Noctua NH-D15 | Storage 240GB Crucial M500; 2TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU EVGA 850w | Case Phatek Enthoo Pro M Acrylic

Corsair AF fans are insane. They are loud as fuck. Yes also the quiet edition fans. 

So they're both quiet edition?

No.

The first one is a regular Air Flow, the second one is a Air Flow Quiet Edition LED

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Corsair AF fans are insane. They are loud as fuck. Yes also the quiet edition fans. 

Mine isn't 

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Mine isn't 

Well......

Get some silverstone ap 122 instead. OR gt 's. or noctuas

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Well......

Although it's only an exhaust, it's for my R4 btw

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Although it's only an exhaust, it's for my R4 btw

Same for me, thats what id use it for ahha

Mine isn't 

Well i'm sensitive to noise and one single airflow fan is louder than i tolerate. 

Well i'm sensitive to noise and one single airflow fan is louder than i tolerate. 

Louder than the normal R4 fans?

Also what about the SP's?

If you are happy with the fractal fans, you could buy some more of the quiet ones. They were on for pretty cheap recently and they would match the ones you already have.

If you are happy with the fractal fans, you could buy some more of the quiet ones. They were on for pretty cheap recently and they would match the ones you already have.

I normally leave them at 7Volts and i can barely feel the air being pulled through the vents at the front :(

Honestly I would ditch corsair fans and get Silverstone fans. They are cheaper than corsair and perform better and are quiter

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360