$130 budget for headphones

Sphinx_Knight

Hey guys, I'm looking for high quality over-ear headphones. I have a $120-140 budget. Right now I'm looking at the Audio Technica ATH-M50s and the Sennheiser HD 558. Are both of them good? Would you guys recommend something else?

Personally I need very comfortable headphones. Something that I think Sennheiser are very good at but that the M50's are lacking. For me they clamp much too tightly, whereas with the HD 558's, you almost forget you are wearing them. My choice as far as sound quality goes would go narrowly to the Sennheisers too, but that's more out of personal preference than it is about which has superior sound quality. 

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

If you can find the 558s for that price they are a really great deal. They won't be the best for bass heavy music but they are fantastic for everything else.

SRH440 > M50.
Should also be noted that one of the headphones you've listed is portable and the other isn't. If portability is a thing, SRH440's, if not HD558's