Computer Freezes and Blue screens every 15-45mins

Pud5

I've had my computer for a bit over 2 years, built it myself. Has been working fine for most of the time. 

However recently my computer will freeze and blue screen very often. 

I'm not sure what steps i need to take to identify the problem. 

I'm running 2 6950's and a 2500k, with no overclock currently. An SSD and 2 mechanical drives. 

Thanks for the help 

==================================================

Dump File         : 030414-30950-01.dmp

Crash Time        : 04-Mar-14 6:14:35 AM

Bug Check String  : 

Bug Check Code    : 0x00000116

Parameter 1       : fffffa80`08c46010

Parameter 2       : fffff880`03f33e80

Parameter 3       : 00000000`00000000

Parameter 4       : 00000000`00000002

Caused By Driver  : dxgkrnl.sys

Caused By Address : dxgkrnl.sys+5d140

File Description  : 

Product Name      : 

Company           : 

File Version      : 

Processor         : x64

Crash Address     : ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0

Stack Address 1   : 

Stack Address 2   : 

Stack Address 3   : 

Computer Name     : 

Full Path         : C:\Windows\Minidump\030414-30950-01.dmp

Processors Count  : 4

Major Version     : 15

Minor Version     : 7601

Dump File Size    : 262,144

Dump File Time    : 04-Mar-14 6:16:41 AM

==================================================

This is the most recent blue screen bluescreenview showed however i have experience other after this date. 

This still didnt solve the problem. The bsod that is happening doesnt seem to be showing. I also tried doing a completely fresh install of windows and the problem still occur.  This is what the bsod is and it doesnt seem to dump. http://imgur.com/YthEQ3f

This still didnt solve the problem. The bsod that is happening doesnt seem to be showing. I also tried doing a completely fresh install of windows and the problem still occur.  This is what the bsod is and it doesnt seem to dump. http://imgur.com/YthEQ3f

Then this is possible hardware problem.

FIrstly try this one:

1. Turn off your computer and unplug it from power.

2. Open your computer case

3. Remove  all your RAM modules

Now back in RAM, but change order of modules, it should not be in the same order as before you removed it. If there is only one RAM module, back it in slot where it wasn't been before. eg. RAM slot #3 instead of RAM slot #1.

Turn on your computer and see if problem happens again.

If problem is still occurs:

1. Turn off your computer and unplug it from power.

2. Open your computer case

3. Remove your GPU

4. Remove  all your RAM modules

5. Remove all PCI/PCIe devices you have.

6. DIsconnect all internal devices like PSU, disk drives, optical drivers....

7. Remove CMOS battery

After few minutes:

Back in CMOS battery and all other components you had removed and/or disconnected except RAM

About RAM - back in RAM, but change order of modules, it should not be in the same order as before you removed it. If there is only one RAM module, back it in slot where it wasn't been before. eg. RAM slot #3 instead of RAM slot #1.

I would recommend re-seating everything and giving all the sockets a good clean with some compressed air. Have you checked the GPU's temperature? it could be hitting dangerous temperatures and causes a blue screen to prevent any further damage.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.2ghz    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16gb @ 1600mhz
                                                                                                                      GPU: EVGA FTW SIG2 3GB 660    PSU: Corsair GS800
                                                                                                                                      Motherboard: Asus m5a78lm/usb3

I'd check the RAM as suggested, try removing one of the sticks and boot up, problem persists? swap the sticks and try again. The exact same thing started happening to my fathers computer, almost went insane from trying to figure it out, and when I finaly went back to basic and pulled out a stick, it worked like a charm on first try. RMA'd the stick and it's all working as inteded to this day :)