Moving Operating System To SSD

fenderj98

Okay, so i want to get a SSD, i have everything i need, but before i get it i just want to make sure i know what im doing. i want to move my operating system over to it. if anyone can link a video or explain it then that would be much appreciated, thanks!

My Build: | CPU: Intel Core i5 4570 | Mobo: ASUS H81M-C mATX | PSU: Corsair CX750 | Storage: Seagate 1000GB SSHD | RAM: 16GB Vengance (x2 8GB) | Case: Zalman Z11+ | GPU: XFX HD 7970 DD Edition 3GB DDR5

Okay, so i want to get a SSD, i have everything i need, but before i get it i just want to make sure i know what im doing. i want to move my operating system over to it. if anyone can link a video or explain it then that would be much appreciated, thanks!

Depending on the SSD you get, there's a large chance it either comes with software to do so, or tells you where to download some.

For example, the Samsung 840 Series, right from the beginning will tell you how you can do so.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

The magician software by Samsung for the Evo series worked flawless for me!

If you are using WIndows 7 or 8.X and your SSD doesn't come with any migration software then this guide may be helpful:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/4241/how-to-create-a-system-image-in-windows-7/

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/7702/restoring-windows-7-from-an-image-backup/

I used this to replace an old HDD with an SSD on Windows 7 and it worked perfectly :)

You could also buy some disk cloning software if you felt the need, such as Acronis True Image.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."