Help with Crouton on Acer c720p

I have an Acer c720p. I just used crouton to install ubuntu. When it was done installing it asked for a user name. Then it asked for a password. When i tried to enter the password it would not type anything into the field. So i tried three times and finally it said attempts unsuccessful or something along those lines. So it booted up. But now every time i want to do something like install wine it asks for a password that i do not have. i dont know what to doing being that this is my first experience with the linux world. I need help. If there is some type of process i need to follow like uninstalling ubuntu or booting into recovery i need it spelled out because i have no idea where i would even begin. Thanks in advance. 

I have an Acer c720p. I just used crouton to install ubuntu. When it was done installing it asked for a user name. Then it asked for a password. When i tried to enter the password it would not type anything into the field. So i tried three times and finally it said attempts unsuccessful or something along those lines. So it booted up. But now every time i want to do something like install wine it asks for a password that i do not have. i dont know what to doing being that this is my first experience with the linux world. I need help. If there is some type of process i need to follow like uninstalling ubuntu or booting into recovery i need it spelled out because i have no idea where i would even begin. Thanks in advance. 

try user as the password.  also look up where you got the os from does it have a default password.  if not then your going to have to reinstall it if you set a password and dont know what it is.