What should I get?

So I am think of buying a new monitor.  My parents said they will pay for part of it for my birthday; however, I have some issues.  I'm only running a 7970 (overclocked, not GHZ) and the monitor I was recommended by this forum is a 1440p one (http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=558_1213&products_id=21516).

Looking at reviews, I would need another GPU, a new motherboard (current one doesn't support dual GPU's as far as I know) and a monitor but I don't have enough money for that. I could, however buy a new GPU and motherboard BUT my motherboard choice is scarce as it has to be 1155 (in AUS), and also that doesn't satisfy my original aim, and it would take probably another year to save up for a monitor again.  

My current one is pretty shit but I don't know if theres any point in investing in a new one if my GPU can't handle it.  My main aim is gaming, so achieving 60FPS is kinda a big thing.

Any ideas?  Should I just wait another year or so and get it all at once? I really cant afford a CPU upgrade ATM.

Heres the mobo and GPU im looking at to.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=138_1183&products_id=21710

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=193_1559&products_id=25328

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

why get a non ocing motherboard? 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Just lower your settings. 1440p with lower settings will look better than 1080p at higher ones.

This belongs in the New Builds and Planning section. I'm moving the thread.
Please post in the correct sub-forum in the future. Do not just dump your threads into General Discussion.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Just lower your settings. 1440p with lower settings will look better than 1080p at higher ones.

This belongs in the New Builds and Planning section. I'm moving the thread.
Please post in the correct sub-forum in the future. Do not just dump your threads into General Discussion.

Sorry, usually try to put them in correct subforum -_-

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

why get a non ocing motherboard? 

Cant find one...

Cant find one...

budget? 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Cant find one...

MSI G45, Gigabyte UD3H, ASRock Extreme 4, ASRock Z87 Killer. I just listed 4 off the top of my head. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

budget? 

Under 200 and in Australia.  That ones the only mobo I can find that supports Xfire and I kinda want a black motherboard.

MSI G45, Gigabyte UD3H, ASRock Extreme 4, ASRock Z87 Killer. I just listed 4 off the top of my head. 

Z87...i need Z77

Under 200 and in Australia.  That ones the only mobo I can find that supports Xfire and I kinda want a black motherboard.

saw your above post editing 

Specs

Z87...i need Z77

You can get the UD3H and Extreme 4 in Z77.

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

You can get the UD3H and Extreme 4 in Z77.

I can't find them anywhere on an Aus store, seems like there isn't a demand.  There all over the US and europe though -_-

I can't find them anywhere on an Aus store, seems like there isn't a demand.  There all over the US and europe though -_-

My god, your right, hmm. That sucks. 

http://www.ddcomputer.com.au/index.php?body=searchEngine&type=result&searchText=z77%20ud3h&searchType=normal&title1=Search+Result%20z77%20ud3h

That's all I can find.

My Extreme3 works nicely; I'd vouch for Gigabyte boards, but Z77 was prior to their new sexy black paint scheme and heatsink design, so if you go with a Z77 UD3H it'll be the super ugly-ass blue PCB with cream yellow fat PCI legacy slots, which I personally do not like.

If you can this specific model Asus board I'd go for it http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mainboards/display/asus-p8z77-v.html 

Be careful, there's also the LK model and another model and those look very similar but are extremely cheap and not worth the price. Pretty much all ATX boards will support Xfire.