Type of pc needed to run star citizen in 4k or 3x1080p

Khan Thompson

You already asked that question in the previous thread you started about 4K displays.

Yes this is a different thread but please don't spam :)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/3lau4 will this run it at max

No.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

No, but that's mainly because your system would likely not boot. (Not enough power)

If you supplied it with enough power, that's a resounding "probably". 

You already asked that question in the previous thread you started about 4K displays.

Yes this is a different thread but please don't spam :)

I know but no one awnsered :/

I know but no one awnsered :/

then you wait for an answer...

:)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

No, but that's mainly because your system would likely not boot. (Not enough power)

If you supplied it with enough power, that's a resounding "probably". 

It will run. I used a calculator, it will pull about 1100w full load. pcpartpicker adds on quite a bit, just to be safe.

Well, instead of getting 4 780tis, you could get 2 r9 290x and run them in crossfire.  Then I think star citizen will support Mantle, you can use Mantle which will allow your CPU to handle Star Citizen since Star Citizen will probably be very CPU intensive.  Alternativley get r9 290s with custom coolers. 

Also, instead of 32GB you would probably do better with 16GB of 2400mhz memory, since Star Citizen being as intensive as it sounds will probably really benifit from memory speed. 

Just my opinion. 

It will run. I used a calculator, it will pull about 1100w full load. pcpartpicker adds on quite a bit, just to be safe.

so should I get a more power one

can you awnser me now ?

It's hard to give an answer on an unreleased product. The game is in beta, but the beta is not optimized well so going off the beta performance is a crap shoot.

If it's like the developers intend it to be, we won't see single cards max this game out for at least a generation or 2 at 1080p so 4k is going to be tough to get.

That is my answer.

Hail Sithis!

so should I get a more power one

Since quad gpu scales horribly... I would "just" go 3 gpus if you are intent on throwing a ton of money into a PC. Probably r9 290s for the extra vram.

With 4-way SLI, where are you going to fit the sound card that you picked?

@OP it's hard to know for certain without the game being properly optimized yet but I don't think there's anything 2 780Ti's won't be able to max out?

ps: even when released i don't think the game will handle 4-way sli very well. A couple current games even lose a frame or two when you go from 3 to 4 cards.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Since quad gpu scales horribly... I would "just" go 3 gpus if you are intent on throwing a ton of money into a PC. Probably r9 290s for the extra vram.

I want nvida cards for the extras

If you want to be sure I would wait until much closer to the release date, new hardware will come out in the interim so you can make a more informed decision.

I have the same problem as I want to run it in 3x1080

The problem that we don't have any data right now made me to create this thread: 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/134706-star-citizen-dfm-benchmarking/

currently I am leaning to buying a 780 Ti

I just hope that I don't hit a memory wall because the 3GB could be lacking for 5760x1080 resolution. I will still wait and hopefully 6GB versions appear but I will buy a card for release of the DFM whatever available then. Probably upgrade again in 2015/16 for the full game.

If you want to max out Star Citizen than Maxwell is the wait to go.
So wait for the 800-900Series.

Star Citizen is in Pre Alpha.
They didn't add Physicial Based Rendering yet.
And PhysX/TressFX/Mantle/DirectX12 is still not implemented.

RTX2070OC 

Wait until it comes out, then buy 2 of the highest end cards at that point.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|